𝟶𝟹

Warning mentions of blood.

𝘶·𝘵𝘰·𝘱𝘪·𝘢

/𝘺𝘰͞𝘰ˈ𝘵𝘰̄𝘱𝘦̄ə/

𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵.

"𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯"

A bright flash of light awoke Germany from his sleep. It was quick, but it then turned to a soft glow beneath the blanket beside him. He grumbled as he yanked the blanket off, revealing his twin brother east.

"What are you doing- seriously again?" Germany's eyes narrowed when he saw the book in his brothers hand, strange pictures and wording. Nothing like the books given to them by the founders.

East yanked the blanket away from Germanys hand.

"East, you can't keep doing this."
His brother scoffed and flipped through the pages, "it's the only fun I get."

It was true.

The coming of age ceremony was months ago. The day where their very livelihoods would be chosen in front of everyone. Of course, it was desired to get chosen for a respectable job.

Germany went first, and was ecstatic to learn that he would be a medic for the elders. A very respectable job to say the least. East played with his sleeves as he went up, daydreaming of being a pilot or maybe even a medic.
However, the lights above him dimmed.

"The founders have decided sanitation and cleaning."

Easts world stopped there.
He searched for his brother in the crowd, only to be hurried off the stage.

Sanitation and cleaning.

A job only for the low of the community. Of course the founders declared that all jobs were needed, but east could see the look of disgust in people's eyes. He felt like nothing compared to his brother being rewarded.

East life had now been set in stone, spending his time cleaning the streets around the town. He had stumbled upon a book. It had carves in it's cover, it's texture strange. It intrigued him, he stuffed it under his shirt and brought it home.

That was months ago.
Germany had found the book hidden under the mattress. He had confronted east about it. His brother begged him not to say anything, reluctantly Germany agreed.

Since then Germany would find more books hidden in various places in their room, it scared him. East almost gave Germany when he found out that east wasn't taking his injections.

"You're going to get in trouble!"
East grabbed Germany's shoulders, "please, I know you won't tell anyone." Germany caught onto the glint in easts eyes he sighed, "ok."

"You're going to get hurt."
East ignored Germany, he turned off the poorly made flashlight and turned away.