𝟶𝟷

"I really like Germany." Russia sighed, resting his head on the wobbly desk. He kept his eyes on the German sitting across the room.

America let out a loud laugh, drawing attention to himself, "really? Why don't you make it more obvious?"

Confidence.

That's what Russia lacked. Unlike the loud and obnoxious American who he somehow befriended, he was socially awkward. So it surprised him when he heard that people were afraid of him.

Russia's tall, and some what muscular structure made him stand out. Whenever he walked the halls he started to notice the students who would shuffle back as he walked through.

One of them was Germany.

The dainty boy that sat in front of him in 5th period biology. Russia barely noticed him, his voice never going above a whisper. The first thing Russia noticed was Germany's eyes.

They say the eyes are the window to the soul. Russia would see the way Germany's eyes would light up, in their shared art class. So much hidden underneath the shy exterior..

Russia confided in America.

"Oooooh I'm telling!" America teased like a preschooler. Russia quickly grabbed him by the wrist, pulling him back down into his seat, "you're not saying shit."

America rolled his eyes, "I was only joking, I didn't know that you had a type."

"Trust me Im not much of an artist."

Germany smiled softly, his head resting in his hand, "I'm sure you're good."

Russia felt comfortable.
He somehow managed to work up the courage to ask Germany out. It startled Germany, turning a bright red when he fully processed what Russia had asked him.

Of course he had said yes, allowing Russia to take him to an ice cream parlor. The atmosphere was tense at first, neither of them saying anything.

Russia would glance at Germany, their eyes met and his cheeks flared up.

Russia now sat next to Germany whenever he could. He enjoyed having the Germans  presence near him.

It felt like home.

Over the course of a few months, Russia felt a connection to Germany. He was sure Germany felt the same way by the way he laughed around Russia.

The year was dwindling away.

The cold had finally caught up to their little town. "I just want to take a nap right now." America said, his eyes barely open.

They both had been anticipating their 2 week break. A chance to relax, but it would also mean that Russia couldn't see Germany.

Although the two had certainly gotten close Russia hadn't really asked him formally. Russia had hoped to do it before the break, but the lack of confidence held him back.

Last period.

The class was impatient, just waiting to leave. The teacher had given them nothing to do, so they sat around talking to one another.

Russia sat at his desk, his eyes glued to his phone. He only looked up when he heard Germany's laugh.

A crowd formed around Germany.

Russia looked up.

A cheer.

A crack.

"You knew I liked him," Russia delivered a strong kick to America's chest, "I trusted you."

"I-I forgot.."

Another kick.

"Bullshit."

----------
I hope I did good for my first chapter
:(