Day 3.1

Alyssa

Naghike kami sa mas masukal pang parte ng kagubatan.

Kung kanina ay medyo masukal ang trek path, ngayon ay ni walang trekking signs.

Malaking pahirap dahil nakaposas pa din kami kaya hindi maiwasang matalisod or masabit sa mga nakausling sanga ng puno or matatalim na dahon ng mga ligaw na damo. I tried my very best to protect Mika beside me and Den who is just in front of us.

When we reached their camp, sinalubong kami ng mas marami pang armadong lalaki.

We were freed from the handcuffs and was thrown inside a small hut.

Agad kaming nagkumpol-kumpol sa isang sulok ng kubo at mahigpit na niyakap ang isa't isa.

I protectively hug Jia and Den and alternately kiss their forehead to somehow ease their fear. Knowing that I will protect them no matter what. Den's shivering lay low after some time.

Everyone is crying and might be uttering a prayer right now. I have to hold back my own fear for the sake of the two women cowering in fear and clinging onto me tighter as if gathering some strength.

"It will be okay. I am here." Ang paulit-ulit ko din binubulong sa kanila sa pagitan ng mga hikbi nila.

We heard men talking closing to our direction so we hold each other tighter if it is even possible in our situation right now.

I saw Mika hugging Ara protectively and my blood boils up. It should be the other way around yet I tried to understand Ara's behaviour. She must really hot traumatised because of the hit she received earlier. I wished that I could be beside Mika so I can also ensure her that things may not be good right now but it will turn out just fine.

We just have to keep on hoping.

When our eyes met, I tried to be as transparent as I could to let her know that I will be braver and stronger for her, for Dennise, for Jia, and for the others, too. That she can count on me on keeping them safe. That I will protect them, protect her, no matter what the odds are.

I hope somehow, she can see my determination right now. That I am afraid, yes. But I will never be afraid when it comes to protecting her.

I love her. Something that I doubt she will be able to identify. Because me, as her lover, will be the last thing she will see me.

Hindi nagtagal ay nilamon na ng dilim ang buong paligid.

We might be scared but we are also tired of walking the whole day so all of us fell asleep.

With our hearts' humble prayer that this is all just a dream and we will wake up peacefully in our hotel room, away from this grave danger.

========

We suddenly jolt up when someone opens the door forcefully and three armed men enter the hut.

They said something in their language but I was not able to comprehend it all. I just managed to understand "girls", "happy", "beautiful" & "boss/leader".