Day 4.2

I was disturbed by a whimpering sound from Alyssa and panic voices from Dennise who were assigned to guard, along with me and Ara,  all night.

My eyes immediately searched for Alyssa. She is in a fetal position, shivering. Dennise is gently waking up Jia while Jaja, who wake up because of the commotion, removed her jacket to cover Alyssa's body but her shivering did not stop.

Jia did the same after waking up the others who hurriedly went to Alyssa's side.

Dalawang jacket na ang nakabalot sa kanya pero hindi pa din nababawasan ang panginginig nito. Akmang huhubarin na din ni Den ang jacket na ipinasuot ko sa kanya ng maalala nyang wala na syang inner dress other than brassiere.

"Side effect ng mga sugat nya. Kahit hindi ko makita ang sugat nya ngayon ay sigurado akong namamaga na ito." Den said trying to be calm pero halata sa panginginig ng boses nito na kinakabahan sya.

"Maybe body heat will ease her?" Kianna suggested at nagkatinginan kami. She is right. Madami ng movies at books ang nagsupport sa theory na yun so why not try tonight.

Walang pagdadalawang isip ng namaluktot si Dennise sa tabi ni Alyssa. I can barely see from the light coming to the moonlight passing through the holes around the house's walls and ceilings how she is trying to accommodate Alyssa's huge body with her petite one.

It was not enough.

Alyssa's still whimpering.

I don't know why seeing Dennise this intimately close to Alyssa makes me uncomfortable but I just ignore it.

Others also came to lend their own jacket, including Ara, who seems forced based on her action.

Medyo ikinainis ko ito.

Dahil kung tutuusin ay kami ang may utang na loob kay Alyssa for saving me twice. Kahit hindi pa namin yun hiningi sa kanya, malaking bagay pa din yung ginawa nya para sa akin. If she values me, she will values the help Alyssa willingly gave.

Naputol ang pag-iisip ko ng umungol si Alyssa ng medyo mas malakas kaysa sa mga mahihinang daing nya kanina.

We all panic.

"Let me hug her." Presinta ni Kiana.

Dennise didn't hesitate and give way immediately thinking that it'll help Alyssa a lot. And here I am, still bothered by the thoughts of her being hugged by another girl. But what troubles me the most is the thought that I want to be that girl.

The girl who'll wrap her arms around Alyssa's delicate body to make her feel better.

To make the pain bearable.

To make things less painful for her.

Maybe my conscience making me feel guilty. MUST.BE.MY.CONSCIENCE. I reasoned out trying to justify my strange thoughts.

I shake my head to get the unwanted thoughts out of my mind but it doesn't seem to work. The urge to comfort her and be the source of her strength in times like this seems to be so persistent that it keeps lingering in my thoughts.

"Baka kailangan nating bawasan yung clothing para mas ma-absorb ng katawan nya yung body heat." Jaja suggested at muli ay nabalot kami ng katahimikan. 

We are used to seeing each other in lesser clothes but I don't know what makes us hesitate right now.

Maybe it is the fact that we are abducted and the abductors are just outside and might come in anytime so seeing us almost naked is not safe.

Or because of the purpose itself of providing body heat makes it a little bit awkward. 

But Denden is the first one to recover as she started undressing Alyssa after removing all the jackets we put as a blanket and excusing Kiana whose still hugging her during our awkward silence.