Chapter Two: Highschool Memories

Every Wednesday and Friday I used to watch Liam practice, he was in the school's football team and was really good at what he did. He used to love it. Honestly, I don't remember what position he was, all I know is I had to always fix him up when bruises littered his entire body.

I would always go to games, no matter what time or when and every time I went to the games his face would erupt in happiness even though I went each time. I could see how hard he played, just to impress little old me.

Each time he'd score, he would look up, find me and give me a big smile as if to tell me, 'did you see that?!'. My response would be a shy smile and a thumbs up.

After practice, I would hand him a water bottle and a towel to wipe his face off and as he sits on the bleachers while everyone left to shower, he would pull me close and hug my waist.

We weren't dating back then but we both liked it each other a lot.

-

After each class, he would be there, waiting for me.

He'd always greet me with a simple 'Hi' and that big charming smile of his that till this day I still love. He'd walk me to class and go to his own then we repeat the same routine, every class, every day.

Everyone used to wonder, how and why we are so close. A jock and an art obsessed kid joined by the hip everywhere they go. No one knew how in love we both were with each other, though not official we knew someday we would be.

-

Liam was never one to obey rules and I was, so every time he came to pick me up looking like a guilty pup that got caught doing something wrong, I'd instantly knew he was either skipping class or responding to the teachers which led him to have detention.

I used to scold him with a tiny frown on my face. I always worried someday he'd get kicked out of school and after scolding him, it usually led to me crying and hugging him after school, apologizing for being mean.

He never got angry at me, He knew I was just worried so he'd always reassure me by rubbing my back and saying it was okay.

-

It was late at night when I had heard the small pebbles hitting my window. It was 1 AM and the reason why I wasn't asleep is that I felt something was gonna happen, I had felt it in my gut, which led me to paint the feeling away till late at night.

I went to the window, hiding behind the curtain to see who it was and I was genuinely confused why Liam was there, throwing pebbles at the window. He has a phone for a reason, which is what I thought back then.

I opened the window, getting caught off guard when the pebble hit me in the middle of my forehead.

'Ouch! what are you doing?' 

'Oops...Open the door for me?'

I had let out a long sigh before reclosing my window and going downstairs, quiet enough to not wake my mother or brother. I opened the front door and Liam walked in with a guilty look, staring into my forehead.

'Sorry....' He whispered and rubbed at the red mark.

Swatting his hand away, I had rolled my eyes at him and pulled him with me upstairs after closing the door behind us.

I led him up to my room, hand still gripping his wrist.

closing my bedroom door behind us, I let him go with a slight red hue on my cheeks.

He watched me with those honey-like eyes and went to sit down on my desk chair. He wasn't normal. something did happen.

'What's wrong? why didn't you call?'

'I fought with my father, he took my phone'

'why?'

'I said I wasn't going to college... I asked if he can let me work for him at the construction site and all that bullshit... He didn't take it well'

'...didn't you want to go for a scholarship in sports?'

'Not anymore Noel' He stopped before continuing. 'I want to work, get money and be Independent'

'I can't force you to go to college but you know college gives you more work opportunity'  

'I do, of course, I do. I'm not stupid. I'm just tired of living with her Noel. She is making my life hell, my dad is stressed and he's taking it out on me. I just wish he didn't remarry after my mother's death' Liam let out a held breath. a shaky one. ' I want him to be happy. that witch isn't making him happy'

I hugged him, letting his tears stain my already paint-stained shirt. I cried with him, Holding each other tight as if we were never meeting again.

-

Graduation came soon, a little too soon. I wasn't ready to leave for Harvard.

One by one, students went to get their school leaving certificate.

after we all threw our cap up into the air, Liam and I went out of the school hall, smiling at each other.

'Fuck, this was a short year wasn't it' He laughed looking at me with a sad glance.

'It truly was, we only have 3months together for summer and then I'm off' I said, the sadness seeping into me in waves.  

With a sad sigh, he pulled me close to him, hugging me so tight, I was scared he'd break my bones so I wouldn't go and the scariest thing was I would have liked it if he did. I was so dependent on him saving the day, I didn't know how I would survive in college.

'I love you Noel'

'and I do too silly'

'No, I love you more than as a friend' He pulled back to look away

'hey! don't look away from me!' I pouted and poked his side ' I like you like that also you big baby'

// oop- the Second chapter so soon you might ask? YUP! this is literally so cute I can't even. I'm lowkey proud of myself I wrote it so soon and not procrastinated.

Anyways sinnerzzzz I hope you enjoy today's chapter 

VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW <3

-Sinz <3