News Of War

Returning to the palace, had never been part of my plans but it seemed as if I had no choice in the matter, especially when it came to what my wretched sister had to say. My sister would have my head, if her orders were disobeyed but she could burn in hell for all I cared. She knew full well that I would never bend the knee to her even if it meant she would destroy me for it. The entire organization had assisted me to my family home but when we got there, we all got the shock of our lives. The army was back from war and Shadow was stood smugly at the top of the stairs. She greeted us with her sweet but fake smile. "How nice of you to return after two years of being absent sister." She remarked.

I glared at her," I have my reasons for leaving. Reasons you will never know or care to understand .What business did you want me for?"

"You must lead the army and fight along side them in the coming war. You most fight for your people and your beloved queen/sister." She said calmly but my reply was not so calm. "I refuse!" I yelled as rage began to boil hotter then I had ever deemed possible. " There is no way that you would get me fighting! Especially for a frozen hearted snake like you!" My words were full of venomous poison as I spat them at her, however her cold eyes fixed on mine and the she scanned the rest of us. Her lips rose in a wide smirk. "Then all of you will fight or you'll die in front of everyone." Her voice was loud and clear. "Only you can stop this war Scarlet. Which is why to must lead our troops into the finest battle they will ever fight."

I thought about what I was going to say next very carefully. "Fine. I will fight your bloody war but don't expect anything good to come out of it." My words were sour and meaningful. Yet she still held a smug smirk which caused the rage to grow even more.

"Then you leave at once." My eyes flicked back at her and she ordered us all to leave. We grabbed all that we needed and left with our weapons as well.