The March

The next morning, we wasted no time in getting ready, for the day ahead of us was a long march. The two armies had already gathered in their thousands, ready to face the dangers of our march to come and none of us would know the full extent of what we could face. The journey would not be easy, me and blaze knew that, for we had made the journey before on our own many times but this time was different as we had thousands of loyal men and women following us . The march was heading into human and demon territory, which was a death trap to anyone that entered. Especially if you're going against them in war, as we so happened to be.

I looked over at Blaze, knowing that either of us could die in the next twenty-four hours. We both were aware of the peril that may be waiting for us. A past memory then flickered through my mind, causing me to shiver violently. Flashbacks had an effect on me that caused me to passout and that's exactly what happened, in front of both our armies.
There he was, just standing all alone in the corner of the classroom. His jet black hair cut short, his eyes of navy blue gazing around nervously. He looked so strong, yet wary of the other supernatural kids around. My eyes ended up locking with his for a brief moment, before he whipped them away hastily. Who was he? A new kids always had a hard time fitting in, but he was different to everyone else. He was definitely a hybrid but his scent was off. I'd never smelt it before in any of the other children in the school. His weird smell had unsettled me, which caused my curiosity to rise even more then it already was. Uneased, I made my way over to the boy in the corner. "Hi." I said with a kind smile on my face when I reached him. His eyes gazed at me like a timid animal. "H-hi." His voice stuttered. Once again, his eyes met mine, but this time didn't break away. I watched them slowly change so that they were pure black orbs in their sockets. My own eyes widened in disbelief . "My eyes turn blue when wary of people." He explained. Our gaze still didn't break. "I'm Scarlet." I said extending my hand.
"Dark." He replied taking my hand and shaking it.

"Scarlet." Blaze's voice called as I woke in a daze. He'd had me gently resting in his arms. "How long was I out for?" My voice was shaking.

"Roughly thirty minutes."

"Where is everyone? Have they returned to their camps?"

"They have." It was then that I realised where I was. We were in my quarters, which made me ease up a little but then a thought hit me. What if I see him again? The journey had now gained even more danger to it but this danger would be more for me and Phoenix then anybody else. There was someone there that I knew would try to kill me if they got the chance. As my body tensed, Blaze held me close to his chest. Inhaling his scent, I slowly relaxed. Minutes passed and everything was ready to go.

With a mind focused on getting our men successfully to our new camp, we quickly set off.

When the border of the forsakened land came into view, we stopped and let our fighting forces rest for a moment. I released my wings and took flight to scan the area for any potential threats, but the only person I saw, made me wish we had waited another day. I circled round and landed back beside Blaze, nervous to reveal my findings. As if he could read my mind, he tensed up and gave a knowing look. "Did you see anyone?" He asked

" yeah but only one demon."

"Do you know who they are?" I looked at the ground, trying to think about weather I should tell him or not. I said that I wasn't sure and that I wanted him to come with me to check the situation.

We entered the border and headed towards the person that I had seen, and sure enough, he spotted us and went to bolt towards us but stopped instantaneously when his gaze caught sight of me. Through the white mask, his eyes could still be seen turning into a dark, midnight blue. The same blue I saw in that young boy years before many years ago . It hit me then who the hybrid before us was. With a hiss I spoke his name, " Dark!" A viscous grin spread across his face. With a glare he looked toward Blaze and the back to me, as he watched our every move. "You remember who I am then." He said coldly.

"How could I forget? You were the only one that got thrown out of that school! " It came out as a hiss but I knew it had struck deeper. He had looked to me for help that day and received the best I could do. "Is there somewhere we could talk alone?" I asked, receiving a shocked look from my mate.