Chapter Thirty Four

All that could be hear was Lena's gasp as she looked at her son, and then to Blaine.

Her eyes were full of worry as she stared at my mate, everyone deadly silent for a few moments as tension began to fill the air.

Adrian had an impassive expression and he was now hiding his emotions yet his eyes showed exactly how anxious he felt. His chest rising and falling in quick succession as we all waited for Blaine to speak.

He didn't, and it was Lena who brought him out of his trance. "Blaine?" Lena said, as she moved around the table to stand next to him, her hand linking around his arm. Blaine's closed look turned into a questionable one.

He knew exactly what everyone was thinking as his concentration turned from Lena to Adrian. "I'm not going to kill your mate Adrian." He confirmed, his voice low.

Blaine was known to be merciless when it came to rogues, and we had all experienced or heard the stories about how he would brutally kill them with no compassion or kindness.

Lena looked relieved as her grip on Blaine's arm continued before she let go rushing over to Adrian. I myself felt relieved, satisfied that my mate was telling the truth.

The family he did have, he would never intentionally hurt.

I walked over, and pecked his lips. He didn't smile, but nodded at me pulling my body to his. He then turned to face Adrian, his voice tight and his Alpha tone seeping in. "But," He began. "We need to interrogate her, she may be your mate but she is still a rogue and I need to make sure that my pack safety is not in jeopardy."

Liam nodded agreeing with Blaine. "You can put her in the office prison cells."

I rolled my eyes at Blaine's suggestion, remembering how he kept me there on a many occasions. The office cells were much nicer than the one located as you walk into the underground prison.

"I'll meet you down there." Adrian confirmed, rushing off in a hurry to get back to his mate.

"I should come with you." I stated, looking at Blaine. I knew how intimidating and irrational he could be especially when it came to rogues regardless of whether they had good or bad intentions.

Surprisingly, he nodded and grabbed my hand before we began walking towards the pack prison.

The moment he opened the door, my body wrenched at the stench of old dry blood. The metallic smell mixed with rotting flesh made my stomach clench as I held down the urge to throw up.

Blaine held my hand tightly, forcing me to stay closely behind him as we followed the walkway to his office.

Walking in, I straight away noticed a young female, probably in her early twenties. She had long blonde hair reaching down to her hips, her eyes never swaying from Adrian's as they both sat in the office.

Our arrival immediately forced them to look away, as they both stared at Blaine and me. She looked at Blaine, then looked towards me with a small smile.

I smiled back, intrigued by Adrian's new found mate. "I'm Kennedy and this is my mate, Blaine." I said, introducing myself as we walked further into the room.

She nodded, slightly moving away. Blaine's aura was intense even for a rogue who didn't have to obey an Alpha. Adrian moved to sit next to her, and she leaned in slightly, wanting comfort. "I'm Alexis."

"Go in there." Blaine ordered, forcing us to all sit in the cell that was located next to his desk. I rolled my eyes but followed them in there.

We sat opposite them, it was quiet for a few moments until Blaine leaned in, his upper body moving to be closer to Alexis, his eyes narrowing on hers as he began to question her motives wanting to get straight to the point.