Snatchers

Snatchers

I awoke with the sun warming my back and smiled, turning my head and opening my eyes. Tom smiled and kissed my scar, just like old times. "Morning, love." I played with a curl of his hair in my fingers and grinned at him. "So what's on the agenda for today?" Tom got up and started dressing. I pulled the sheet around me and transformed it into a pretty black dress. "I plan on finding you a protector, for when I'm not around." That stopped me in my tracks. "Why won't you be around? You can't expect me to sit around while you fix things. I'm with you, Tom. I thought you would've figured that out." I crossed my arms and waited. "I know Harley but some things are too dangerous. I don't think you want to be dragged around everywhere anyways." I sighed, he was right, and there were many things I could do that I couldn't while Tom was watching. "Yeah alright. But I'm not having any crap about protecting me, you know we're on equal footing." Tom smiled and took my hand, disaperating back to Malfoy Manor.

"Alright so who is my protector, Tom?" I asked, letting go of his hand and looking up at him. "Lucius Malfoy will be here with you for a while, I'm going to have to leave now." He kissed my lips once and backed away. "Think I deserve a little more than that." I advanced and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him to me so I could kiss him again. Then I allowed him to leave and approached the door to the study. "It's a good plan, if we can babysit the girl we're back in his good graces." I was so not in the mood for dealing with him if he thought he was babysitting me. I had something I needed to do anyways...

I knocked on the door and walked in. "Alright so do you know where Goyle is? I need my wand back." He paled, probably knowing that I'd heard him. I looked to the smaller version of him- Draco Malfoy. I'd never really paid much attention to Draco before but I knew he was a bully and people called him the prince of slytherin. "Professor? You look... Different." I smiled and saw his dark mark then twisted my arm so he could see mine. "I'm pretty good at hiding things. So where's Goyle?" Mr. Malfoy seemed to remember I needed to be happy to please the dark lord. He straightened. "I'll take you to him right-" I shook my head. "No, I don't actually need a babysitter. I'm sure you have more important things to attend to. Draco can show me can he not?"

When Draco nodded and started walking past me to the door I nodded slightly. "As I thought. Good day Mr. Malfoy." Before following Draco to the gates. I started laughing when Draco asked, "So how long have you been a death eater, Professor?" Then we disaperated to an unfamiliar house. "Oh Draco I was one of the first. I was the first to get the tattoo- it's actually my design." He looked at me with surprise. "How old are you?" He approached the door. "I'm To- The darks lords age." I knocked on the thick wooden door and it was answered by Goyle. "What do you want?" He said gruffly. "My bloody wand you coward!" I sneered angrily and he grabbed it off a little end table, threw it to me and slammed the door in my face.

Months past and than a year, basically the same things happened. I spent the nights with Tom when he was around, which was rare. He refused to bring me along. I was stuck being babysat by the Malfoy's. Draco was a sweet kid, too sweet for a Deatheater, too young. But he was the only one actually around so we hung out together when he was home, like right now. He was going back to Hogwarts very soon though. Like his mother was already calling him to go. I'd been teaching him over the summer but autumn had come. "What are you going to do when I'm gone?"

"I'm heading to askaban prison today. But if your father or the dark lord asks make up something ok?" He stopped in his tracks. "Why are you going to prison?" I smiled even though I was a lot older than Draco he seemed old at heart so there was no point feeding him lies, "I have some friends who want out and I think Tom needs more help." His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to argue but I just hugged him. "Go before you're mother hexes you!" I joked and he rolled his eyes, "I'll see you soon Harley." I nodded and disaperated.

It was raining and cold here, mostly likely side effects of the dementors and autumn. I used a locator spell to locate Nott first and followed it, avoiding dementors along the way. When it stopped I turned to the cell and shot reduction on the lock, it crumbled to bits as I yanked the door open. He stood up and his eyes widened, taking me in. "You're dead." He accused flatly, I rolled my eyes and sent another locater spell for Rosier. "Come on, we're busting Rosier out too..." He nodded and followed my jog to Rosier's spell where I broke the lock. "What took so long?" He grinned and hugged me. "Rosier you're such a git." I shot a spell at the two and the vanished to Malfoy manor. I smiled, time for some real fun. I was already really wet from the rain but that wasn't going to stop me.

I walked up to a cell. "You there. Why are you in here?" He was a thick large man and he shrugged. "Want out?" His eyes widened. "Why would to let me out?" I smiled and amplified my voice throughout the prison so all could hear it. "If you pledge your life to serving Lord Voldemort I will release you. No questions asked." An alarm went off and dementors started coming. But I kept them at bay with a flick of my wand. "Choose quickly." I gritted my teeth, I was using quite a bit of magic and it was rather straining. Shouts erupted and I grinned- using everything I had to blow off all the doors. People came rushing out. I shot the same spell I'd used on Nott and Rosier but sending them to Toms deceased grandparents home, a place I knew was used as a headquarters. At least 30 loyal followers- not bad for a days work. I then released the dementors and apperated to the Malfoy's house.

Lucius Malfoy stood with his arms crossed at the gate. "Get food and drinks- lots. At least enough to feed 30 hungry men. Bring it to the Riddle house as soon as possible." He didn't argue, just nodded before I disaperated to the Riddle house. They all stood before me waiting. "Food and drinks are on their way. Your going to go around the wizarding world and the muggle world looking for mud-bloods, blood-traitors and Order members. You will get a list of names but anybody who looks suspicious you check. Bring them to the ministry if they're on the list. If you find Harry Potter you are to bring him to Malfoy Manor." Lucius Malfoy appeared with literally a wagon full of food. "Dig in!" I called after Lucius had moved. "Stay with them- I'll be back."

I went to the ministry to get the lists and duplicated them. As I was leaving I spotted a red cloth hanging over the fountains edge and grabbed it. Why not give them an identifier? I left and went back to the Riddle house. I handed out the lists and told them to make groups. I ripped the red cloth and duplicated it many times. Then handed those out too. "Take what you want from anywhere, the world is yours. Good luck." I opened the front door and watched as they rushed out- eager to please. "Harley?" I turned to face William Avery. All grown up and worn-out. "You were dead. Twice." I smiled, "While here I am, I have no wish to speak to you. Get going." I looked away a he left quickly and quietly. He was still alive. And now he was working for me... Interesting. I touched my dark mark calling Tom to me. It took a while but finally he appeared in front of Lucius and I. "Why are you all wet? Where have you been?" I grinned. "Askaban Prison. Thought you could use some help rounding up people." I handed him one of the lists. "At least 30 prisoners all hoping to please so I don't throw them back in prison. I told them to take what they want and they're all wearing red cloth. I'm sure you'll find use for them."

He frowned and said, "You did what?" Slightly angrily. I just smiled. "I'm getting rather bored, Tom. You know how powerful I am and yet I still sit around and watch the world change around me." Tom crossed his arms and Lucius seemed to inch back slightly, when we fought we really fought. "Why don't you go back to teaching? Snape's headmaster and they need a Defense Against the Darks Arts teacher because he's not doing it. That'll keep you out of trouble won't it?" My grin widened, "I'll pack my bags tonight."