Break A Leg ~Lilo~

Liam isn’t one to swear, not even when he’s with the boys and defiantly not on stage, in front of 16 000 fans, most of them underage and girls. But he makes one small exception when he breaks his leg jumping off the speaker.

Though he brings the microphone away from his mouth, first. Actually it falls out of his hand when he clutches his knee.

Louis doesn’t drop his, they’re half way through his solo in One Thing and Liam is sick of being sensible and responsible, so he jumps off a speaker, a giant speaker and breaks his fucking leg.

Paul’s going to kill him.

“Liam!” Louis shouts out, his eyes quickly moving to the boy, Louis eyes weren’t often off his boyfriends, but now they were drawn to him and his right leg, his right leg that was bending at an awkward and unnatural angle. By now the music had stopped the so had the screaming everyone was confused, but it soon picked up again when they saw Liam was hurt.

“Fucking hell Liam.” Louis says, dropping to his knees next to the other boys. He too, had dropped his microphone, no one would have heard him swear, but some fans were very good at lip reading. Tears of pain are leaking from Liam’s eyes, but Louis isn’t surprised, he just broke his leg.

“It – It hurts Lou.” Liam says finally,

“I know Li. We’re going to get you backstage, okay?” Louis says, wishing beyond hope that he could just kiss the pain away, or take it for himself. By now the others are nearby, and so is Paul. “It might hurt a bit.” Liam bites his lip and nods, tears still silently dripping. Louis gives the silent nod of okay to Paul, who scoops Liam up very carefully and avoiding his leg.

Zayn brings his microphone to his lips and says a little shakily. “We’re going to take a short break guys.” Louis hardly hears it too busy going to Liam. Paul sets him down on the table, Liam stretches one legs out and the other down as carefully as possible, laying down on his back and resting his palms over his face.

“Liam.” Louis coos, bending down to Liam’s height and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Louis.” Liam whines. “Louis, I’m such an idiot.”

“Yes, you are.” Louis agrees, running another hand through Liam’s hand. Liam still has his face covered but Louis can tell he’s crying. Louis doesn’t blame him, he presses a kiss to Liam’s hands.

“It hurts, it really, really hurts.” Liam replies. “Fuck, it hurts. Distract me Lou.”

“How?”

“Tell me a story.”

“Like?”

“Anything Lou, just say something.”

“Okay umm, what about the first date.”

“Go, Lou say it.”

“Alright, well, remember it was a sunny morning, we went on a Wednesday, so most people who knew us would be at school. It worked, remember? We were gonna go to the movies and lunch, at Nando’s of all places. But it was too sunny, and we’re in London, so sunny days are rare. So we decided to go for a walk in the park with our nando’s. There were ducks, remember? And we ended up throwing bread pieces at them, then I threw one at you and you looked so shocked but so adorable and so cheeky when you through one back. It was so cheesy, you swore up and down that I stole the idea off a romantic movie that Harry made me watch, but I didn’t, it was completely coincidental. And then, about an hour later it started bucketing down, so I pulled you out of the rain. But you were wearing a white shirt, and it got soaked. You know what happens when white shirts get wet, don’t you?”

Liam groans and Louis laughs, tracing one hand fondly over Liam’s hands. “It was sort of hot. The damage was done, and well, you looked really good with all your sopping wet hair and …” Louis trails off with a laugh “You don’t know how bad I wanted to kiss you then, but I couldn’t, because there was people around. I used the rain as an excuse to cut the date short, but only so I could drag you home and kiss the life out of you. Which, if I remember correctly, I did, never figured you to be the type who put out on the first date.”

“Shut up.” Liam groaned, “It was a passionate moment, and I had liked you forever which is different.”

“Well, it was still amazing. It still is amazing.” Louis wishes Liam would move his hands so he could see the blush he knows is covering Liam’s cheeks, but it comforts Liam so Louis lets it slide, just presses another kiss to them. “I love you Liam, always have, always will.” Carefully, Louis moves Liam’s hands off his face and stares at his tear stroked cheeks. Just as carefully, he presses a kiss to Liam’s lips.

“Ambulance is here.” Paul calls out, pulling the two boys from there trance.

“You’re really good at distracting.” Liam says and Lou smiles softly.

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“You can’t, family members only in the ambulance.”

“Alright, but text me when you’re done and I’ll come down straight away.” Louis says and Liam shakes his head.

“Not until you’re finished the performance.” Liam says sternly and Louis groans again.

“Fine, but when I am I’m coming straight down.” Liam smiles at Louis, his first real one Louis can see.  Louis smiles back.

Later, when Liam is lying in a hospital bed, he takes out his phone to tweet saying he was alright, and text Louis, only to find a new twitter mention from Louis.

Someone forgot to tell @Real_Liam_Payne that when they say ‘break a leg’ they mean it figuratively.