Denial -Larry Part 1-

Harry paced his bedroom, thoughts of Louis filling his head. Where did he go? Was he safe? Why did he just storm out of the flat? Harry groaned, running his hand through his curls. Louis was probably with Eleanor. Safe and sound with his girlfriend. This thought brought tears to Harry's bright green eyes. Why? Because he was in love. With Louis. But, Louis was straight and had a girlfriend. 

As he paced, Harry thought about all the good times he had had with Louis. The video diaries from their x factor days, the random games they used to play. Everything was great until Eleanor came along. She stole Louis and Harry hated her for it. 

Louis angrily gripped the steering wheel of his car as he drove around, not knowing where he was headed. He needed air, he needed time to think. Why had he thought those things? Why had he let the haters get to him, again?! He should have stayed, talked to Harry. But if he did that, he would have to admit why the comments and tweets got to him so much. He would have to accept the fact that despite what he said, what he told himself, the haters were right. 

He had been flicking through his mentions on twitter, finding the usual amount of love he normally gets. He also found the same amount of hate messages, saying he couldn't sing. He was used to them so he ignored them, until he came to one that said; 

"A dirty fag like you don't deserve to be in a band as big as 1D

this brought tears to his eyes. He knew the tweeter was right. He was a "Dirty Fag". He was gay, and despite having a girlfriend and hiding it, everyone knew it. And Louis didn't like that at all. 

Hours passed, and Harry was getting sleepy, but he refused to allow himself to sleep until Louis returned home safely. As he began pacing another lap of his bedroom, he heard the front door open then slam closed. He ran out to see Louis glaring at the door, tears pouring down his cheeks. Harry gasped, noticing the slap mark on Louis' left cheek. 

"Louis!! what happened?!" Harry yelled, running to where Louis had collapsed on the couch. 

"Nothing, just leave me alone Harry!!" Louis snapped. Harry jumped back, tears threatening to spill. Louis had never snapped at him like that before. 

"Sorry" Harry mumbled, looking down at the floor. Louis saw the tears in Harry's eyes and instantly regretted the way he spoke. 

"I'm sorry Harry, its just.... I can't take it any more. All the hate, the stuff they say. Everything...." Louis' voice trailed off as he began yelling at the young lad stood in front of him. 

"what did they say Lou?" Harry asked softly. 

"T-they called me a f-fag" Louis whispered. Harry gasped at the word. He hated it, purely because he was gay himself. 

"But, you have a girlfriend" Harry stated, slightly confused, eying the slap mark on Louis' cheek. 

"Not any more" Louis mumbled. "She broke up with me, she saw the tweets, she believed them, she said.... She called me...." Louis couldn't get his words out due to tears. Harry slowly wrapped his arms around Louis, attempting to calm him down. 

"You're not gay though, are you?" Harry asked. Louis shook his head, in denial. 

"I'm not gay. I don't want to be gay. I CAN'T be a fag!" Louis screamed as Harry stumbled backwards. He heard the words leave Louis' mouth, but he couldn't believe it. 

"Do you have something against gay people Louis?" Harry whispered, his hurt showing in his voice. Again, Louis shook his head. 

"I know you're gay Harry, but I'm not. These people, they need to stop!" 

"Louis, why do they get to you so much? If you're not gay then just ignore them" Harry said. Louis thought for a moment.'Because they might be right'  

Could he tell Harry the real reason the haters upset him so much? Could he trust himself to say the words? 

"Because Harry! What if what they are saying is true?! What if I am a fag?!" Louis shouted, scaring harry who took another step back. 

"What do you mean?" Harry was confused, as was Louis. 

"I don't know" Louis admitted, anxiously running his hand through his hair. He quickly jumped out of his seat, forcing Harry against the wall. 

"You need to help me Harry" Louis whispered, placing his hands on the wall either side of Harry's head. 

W-with what?" Harry stuttered, slightly worried. Louis didn't answer, he just angrily pressed his lips to Harry's, who eagerly kissed back. 

After a few minutes, Louis pulled away, furious at himself. He hated that he loved the kiss, that it felt right. He groaned in frustration, turning and running to his bedroom. 

Harry was left confused as he watched Louis run away. Why had Louis kissed Harry? Why had he run away? Harry crashed to the floor where he stood, tears pouring down his cheeks as he thought Louis would never love him. 

He didn't know, he was wrong.