Acceptance -Larry Part 2-

A week had passed since the kiss between Louis and Harry. Louis completely avoided Harry, even during concerts and signings. The other boys picked up on the awkward air, but never spoke of it in fear of saying something wrong and causing arguments. 

One night, Harry was once again alone in the flat, waiting for Louis to return home. He sat in his bedroom, listening for the sound of the door. He had done the same thing every night, and every night he got disappointed when Louis wouldn't came home. He prayed every day, hoping to hear the older lad walking around. But, praying on a god you don't believe in is just like asking for it not to happen. 

Louis was, once again, crashing in some random girls apartment. After that kiss with Harry, he hadn't been able to think straight. He knew he enjoyed the kiss, but he was still in denial. He refused to allow himself to accept the fact that he was gay. That he was, deep down, in love with his best friend. His best friend who he had been avoiding, and hurting, all week. Realization hit Louis like a slap in the face. He should be at home, with Harry. He shouldn't be here, in some random girls flat. 

The girl had just walked out of the bathroom as Louis came to his decision. He stood up and walked to the door. He turned and told the girl he was leaving. She glared at him and said he had to stay. 

"I can't do this" Louis stated, finally accepting himself for who he was. 

"Why not?" She whined. Louis hated girls like that. 

"I'm gay" Louis told her, before storming out of the flat and down to his car. He drove away quickly, anxious to get home. He needed to see Harry, he needed to apologize. 

Louis stopped outside the flat he shared with Harry, the key in his hand. He took a deep breath, his thoughts swarming his head. He was finally ready to accept the truth, finally ready to tell Harry the thing that had been eating him away for the past week. He slowly put the key into the lock and twisted, hoping Harry was still awake. The door swung open, revealing a very worried looking Harry making tea. The sudden noise made Harry jump, his tea spilling. He spun to see Louis stood, watching him. He didn't know what to do, what to say. It had been an entire week since the two boys had been left in their flat alone together, and now that Harry's prayer had been answered, he was doing nothing. 

The door swung shut, making a little bang, breaking the awful silence. Harry smiled as Louis didn't yell, or break anything. 

"Would you like tea?" Harry whispered, breaking the silence. Louis shook his head, taking a step closer to Harry. "Oh, okay, erm.... Hot chocolate?" 

"No thanks Harry." Louis took another step closer. 

"Well, how about some food? I can make you toast?" Harry offered, but again Louis refused, taking a step closer. Now he was only about 2 meters away from Harry, who turned to the cupboards. "We also have pop tarts? Or some cookies?" Harry took out the cookie box and spun around, shocked to find Louis extremely close to him. 

"No Harry, I don't want the cookies, or pop tarts, or toast. I want one thing right now, and thats all I'm gonna get!" Louis whispered, taking the box from Harry and chucking it back in the cupboard. 

"Would you like me to cook for you?" Harry offered, feeling very nervous. Louis shook his head, moving so the space between them was very thin. Harry could smell mint on his breath, which was warm on Harry's lips. 

"I came to a conclusion today Harry. I was gonna have sex with this girl, but then I started thinking about you. Thats when it hit me. I have finally accepted it Harry. I'm gay too" Louis whispered before closing the gap and pressing his lips to Harry's. Harry was reluctant to kiss back at first, but when he determined Louis was not joking just to mess with him, he began to kiss back, allowing Louis to slide his tongue into Harry's mouth. 

Harry was disappointed when Louis removed his tongue and detached their lips, pressing their foreheads together. 

"Thank you Harry" Louis whispered after a minute of silence. Confusion filled Harry. 

"What for?" 

"Helping me. Last week, when I kissed you, it made me realize I am gay. And tonight, you came back inside my head, reminding me that I had been hurting you all week by avoiding you. I'm so sorry for that. I never meant to hurt you" Louis told him. Harry grinned, looking into Louis' deep turquoise eyes. 

"You're welcome Lou, and its okay, I can forgive you. If you kiss me like that again" Harry said, the last bit as a joke, but Louis didn't care for jokes at this time, and so he firmly pressed his lips back to Harry's. 

The next morning, they woke up next to each other, lying in Louis' bed. Harry smiled as Louis rubbed his eyes, removing the sleep. 

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty!" Harry chirped happily. Louis chuckled. 

"Good morning Prince Charming" Louis chirped back. Harry grinned at the name, softly kissing Louis. When they pulled away, both boys sighed contently. 

"I love you Louis" Harry muttered quietly. 

"I love you too Harry" Louis whispered back, grinning at Harry.  

Louis had finally accepted the truth. He liked it. Acceptance was good, Louis and Harry were good. They were Happy.