~ Chapter Eight ~

Aelin
I took the cold knife put of my boot, and cut my wrist. The blood oozing out fell to the floor. I took the book in my other hand and looked closely at the wyrdmarks. I tried to replicate what I saw, but it was so complicated. I've never seen anything like it. So many twists and dots, it was so big. My blood was all over the floor.
"Are you sure this won't stain?" Asked Amren. I laughed.
"It shouldn't, if it works," I mumbled. My head felt faint, and I felt drained. Thanks to my fae heritage, I could heal much faster. Didn't help with doing the wyrdmark.
"Need some help?" said Feyre as she came into the room.
"No thanks, unless you want to come with me," I said, laughing. I hurt to laugh without Rowan. It was hard to be myself without Rowan. He lost his real mate now, possibly forever. I put him through this, for the second time.
"I'll just go then, call if you need help," Feyre said, walking out the door of the room. I dripped some blood onto the floor and smeared it into the shape it was meant to be.
When the blood stopped flowing from my hand, it already healed. I shifted to my human form, where I would have more control. All my scars were gone, Maeve had stolen them from me. She stole me from me. Yet, she still wanted more. My power. My magic. Everything that I have left, she wants it for herself.
"Shit," I whispered as I cut my hand. The blood was flowing again, but this time it stung. It hurt. I would've been used to it before, but with no old skin left, my calloused hands didn't exist anymore. The skin was replaced, with only my face bearing my battle scars.
"Nearly done," I said, relieved. Only a small portion of it left. I squeezed my hand and got the blood out, and drew the last bit of the wyrdmark.

Everything was dark. I could feel a weight on me, unlike when I was forging the lock. Small lights all around me lit up the way, showing me the path. I took a step, but I stayed stationary. I couldn't move.
"The lock was forged. Where do you think you're going?" Said a familiar voice behind me. Deanna.
"I-" I stumbled at my words.
"Silence. You will stay where we put you," she said coldly, waving a hand at me. Her freezing Moonfire lit me up, but a relaxing sensation filled me.
I blinked, and I was back at the wyrdmark, but it was gone. I lay in where the middle of it would be, but it was completely gone. Like my chances of going home.
"Mother above," breathed Feyre, standing in the doorway. Amren looked horrified, but I'm sure she's watched worse.
"

W-what happened?" I whispered. "I-i should be home. I shouldn't be here. I-I'm needed home."
Tears streaked my cheeks as I stood up. I didn't know myself anymore. Rowan was taken from me, my scars, everything that made me me.
"I-I'm sorry," said Feyre, walking up to me. She sat down by me and hugged me. I cried. All the horrors I've encountered in my life, none prepared me for this. To be so powerless, to have no way to fight back. I was nothing.