Chapter One

Radio Rockstar

Poppy

"That was Coffee and Tv by Blur - an all time favourite of mine that will never be deleted from my iPod." I said into the headset, then clicked a few things on the screen in front of me. "So, call in, request a rockin' song, or something completely random: like confessing a secret crush for Oli Sykes, coming out of the closet or if you just want to say hello!"

My screen lit up as a a couple of callers phoned into my radio station. I clicked on the first one.

"Hello, caller! This is Rockin' Out - what've you got to say for the world of radio?"

"Hey! I'm a huge fan of your show - the songs are awesome! I have a question: I'm gay, and I want to tell my guy best friend, but I don't know how to tell him, and how he'd react. He could hate me for something I can't control!"

I thought for a moment. "It may sound corny, but if you tell him you're gay and he doesn't accept it - he's not your friend.

Hint it to him, away from your other friends, and ask what he thinks of gay people, or say something like "what would you say if I told you I was gay?" Of course, tell him it's all just a theory or a random question. See what he says - if it's negative, say you've got to go, walk away and think it over. If it's positive, ask if he can truly keep a secret for you - and tell him! Call back and let me know how it went! Love you, rock out!"

I ended the call by pressing the red button on the screen, then looked at my next caller.

Dan

We stood by Sammie in his bed, looking so pale his skin looked almost translucent.

He hadn't been well for a year now, and the Cancer had finally got him.

Most of his shiny jet black hair had fallen out within the first month of diagnosis, and the doctors shaved the rest off to give him a special brain scan to see what was going on inside his head.

He had to have his last words, before the doctors put him to sleep - he was just in too much pain, and he was burning off the painkillers they were giving him. He spoke like a normal person though, which was the odd thing - even though he was always out of breath.

"Nate," Sammie looked at him, eyes only just focusing. "whenever you get called a nerd or are bullied by someone, I'll be watching you to make sure you don't do anything stupid you'll regret. You're stronger than them mentally, just walk away and do not harm them. And find a girl, mate - you're kinda lonely without my awesomeness." He half smiled weakly at him, then looked at Dan.

"Danny, make sure Mattymus doesn't eat all the food out of my fridge - if I come back I'll be hungry. Let me know when you have a problem - I'll set them straight with my Godly powers up there,"

I sniffed, shaking my hair in front of my eyes so my boys wouldn't see me cry.

"We saw you, Danny boy." Sammie teased jokingly, then looked at Matt.

"Mattymus," Matt smiled weakly at his old nickname. "You have to tell him one day, promise me."

Matt nodded, sniffing as he wiped away a tear that had leaked without his permission.

"Leonardo," Sammie finished, smiling at his little brother. "I know you're going to feel all on your own, with no one to help you - but I'll still be watching you with mum and dad. And you've got the boys here, so you'll never have a dull moment - especially with Mattymus here eating his way to China,"

We all chuckled, and Leo nodded; clinging on to me in a hug as he watched his big brother.

"Sammie, tell the angels to let you stay," My little sister asked him, tears streaming down her face.