Chapter Four

Naruto laid in bed, thinking of the events that had happened earlier. Gaara thought he was beautiful? That couldn't be possible. Sasuke was the one everyone fell for. He was the most beautiful one.

"... you look beautiful."

The words repeated over and over in Naruto's mind. He was flattered by the words. Those words done something to him. Something he couldn't explain, but it made his stomach feel weird.

Naruto grinned and giggled. Gaara was very good looking himself, but Naruto was surprised. He never thought anyone would think he was beautiful.

As Naruto laid in his bed, giggling and blushing, Gaara laid in his own bed, minutes away. It was dark and quiet, and Gaara couldn't get Naruto off his mind.

He felt so embarrassed for telling Naruto his thoughts, but at least Naruto knew nothing of his dreams and fantasies.

* * * *

It was the next day, and Gaara was feeling more rested. He nearly overslept, and was almost late for school. He rushed to get ready, and quickly rushed to his first class, which he shared with Naruto, since it was jutsu class. Gaara was still a little embarrassed. Naruto probably thought he was an idiot.

The project wasn't mentioned. Instead, Kakashi was going on about chakra points. Here and there, Gaara caught Naruto taking peeks at him, a grin on his face. Gaara didn't really think much of it though.

The day was long, as usual. When it was time to go home, Gaara waited at the same spot for Naruto. But he didn't have to wait as long as last time. Naruto was quick to meet up with him.

"I'm ready to work on our jutsu together!" Naruto said, throwing his fist in the air.

"Is that so?" Gaara asked. Naruto nodded his head.

"You're showing me your jutsu today." Naruto said, as if he were commanding it.

Gaara began to head on his way home, while Naruto followed.

"I already told you, I can't just yet. I don't want to hurt you, Naruto."

"Can't you try it on... like... a puppet or something?" Naruto asked.

"Well, I suppose I could. But, where are we going to get one at?"

Naruto chuckled. "Just let me handle that. I'll ask Kakashi. I'm sure he'll help me out."

"Alright. I guess we can beginning working together after I show you what I've got." Gaara said. Naruto smiled.

"Great! Tomorrow for sure then, right?"

Gaara nodded his head.

"Hey, Gaara?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Gaara asked.

"Did you really mean what you said yesterday?"

Gaara's cheeks lit up, but he hoped it didn't show. "What do you mean?"

"Don't act like you don't know. You called me... beautiful." Naruto said.

Gaara wasn't sure what to say. Embarrassment ran over him again. He didn't want to seem like a fool. He stood there, trying not to show his embarrassment.

"I suppose if I said it, then I meant it." Gaara said, trying to play cool, although he felt like a child.

Naruto's cheeks also turned red. "That's the first time I've ever been told that."