Chapter Two

(In this story, we're going to pretend Gaara lives in the leaf village with Naruto and the rest)

"Morning, Gaara!" Kankuro greeted, a big smile on his face, and his hand waving in the air.

Gaara sighed beneath his breath as he approached his friend. He didn't speak. He was exhausted from the lack of sleep, and Kankuro could tell by his eyes he was lacking sleep.

"Bad night, huh?" He asked.

"Had a hard time sleeping." Gaara replied. He continued on his way, staring straight ahead. Kankuro followed behind him.

"Straight to class, huh?"

Gaara shrugged. "Don't want to be late. May miss something interesting."

Kankuro chuckled at his sarcasm. "Alright. I'll meet up with you later."

"Come on! Come on! Please!"

Gaara could recognize that voice anywhere. Naruto.

Gaara stopped in his tracks and watched as the blonde jumped up and down.

"Come on Kakashi! Who's my partner?" Naruto asked.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait until class begins to find out."

Naruto crosses his arms, "You aren't going to at least give me a hint?"

Kakashi shook his head without saying a word. Both boys looked down the hall, seeing Garra, who stood with his arms crossed, still watching the scene. Then he began to slowly walk towards them.

"That guy gives me the creeps." Naruto whispered to Kakashi.

"Mind your manners, Naruto." Kakashi said quietly.

Gaara passed the two of them without saying a word. The bell from above them rang, signaling it was time for class. Gaara had already stepped into the room, and made his way to his usual seat, in the main back of the class.

Before long the room had gotten full of students. All seats were taken, except near Gaara, no one ever wanted to sit next to him, but he was used to it.

Kakashi cleared his throat before greeting the class with a "good morning."

"I have decided to pair everyone up with a partner. What I want you guys to do, is combine your jutsu to create an attack against the enemy."

Even though his mouth was covered, everyone could tell Kakashi had a smile on his face, as he held a paper in his hands.

He began to read off who he had paired together. Gaara wasn't so much excited for this assignment. He didn't like working with others, he preferred to be on his own. While, on the other hand, Naruto was so excited he was nearly jumping out of his seat.

"Gaara," Kakashi said, looking right at Gaara, "Your partner will be Naruto."

It was almost as if his words were in slow motion. Gaara's partner was Naruto? Out of everyone, it had to be that silly blonde Gaara had kept dreaming about.

"What?" Naruto suddenly screeched. He looked back at Gaara, his face covered with fear.

Kakashi simply ignored Naruto's statement. Once he finished the list, he told everyone to gather with their partner.

Naruto seen Gaara wasn't going to move out of his seat. So, he slowly stood to his feet and made his way next to Gaara.

"I was hoping I could get with Sasuke or someone." Naruto mumbled.

"Well, we don't always get what we want." Gaara said.

Naruto nervously twiddled with his fingers, "Uh... well, maybe we could meet up after school to work with each other."

"You can come by my place." Gaara said. It made Naruto a little nervous, but he figured Gaara's parents would be there, and he would be safe.

"Alright!" Naruto said excitedly, a smile on his face. Though, Gaara did give him a creepy feeling, he was still excited to combine their jutsu.