Deafening Silence- Chapter 7 - First Days

Calla's pov

With music blasting in my ears, I ducked and weaved my way through the crowded hallways- Finally reaching my destination of the main office.

Inside the small office was a petit old lady wearing her glasses on a chain and her long white hair in a messy bun. Gliding across the floor to her desk, I popped one of my headphones out of my ear and turned the volume down. The woman looked up at me when I cleared my throat.

She smiled at me and I smiled hesitantly back," You must be Calla," she said. I nodded, and she dug through the pile of papers on her desk whilst furrowing her brow, muttering, “I know I put your schedule somewhere over here."

As she searched for my schedule, the door to the office opened- thinking it was one of the guys- I ignored it, turning my music up a bit more.

The secretary looked up at the newcomer and threw him a smile and said, “Just a moment Jason- I just have to give Ms. Knight, her schedule."

"That’s alright," came a husky reply from behind me. "Take your time."

While the Secretary continued to rummage around her desk and mumble to herself; I snuck a peek behind me, only to come face to face- more like face to chest though- with a god. The boy - Jason I think his name was- had short dirty blonde hair and sparkling green eyes, he was at least 6'2 and extremely buff.

Catching me glancing at him -he turned his gaze from the bare wall -and gave me the full force of his alluring eyes. His eyes widened slightly and his jaw noticeably slackened at the site of me.

“Here we go!" the secretary cried out cheerfully. Handing me a piece of paper, with my classes written down on it.

"If you have any trouble at all, sweetheart," she told me waggling her finger at me." Don't be afraid to come back here for some help."

I nodded at her and took a few steps away from the desk; glancing down at my schedule, whilst biting my lip. It looks like I have chemistry first with Mrs. Carson in room 113- now I just have to figure out where the hell that is.

"Now what may I do for you Hun?" Woman asked Jason kindly.

"I just came here for my...."

I tuned them out to the sound of Bangarang blasting from my headphones, while giving my sheet a look over.

"Doesn't that sound like a great idea, Calla?" Mrs. Connelly- the secretary- chirped.

I looked up at her- totally confused by what she had said.