Deafening Silence - Chapter 5 - Flower girl

Calla's pov

A few days later-

Getting up in the morning I remembered that today is the first day of school. Sigh. Climbing out of bed I sulked towards the closet. Quickly grabbing a pair of skinny jeans, and black tank top, along with a massive black jumper. Placing the clothes on my bed, I hopped in the shower and took my time washing my long hair. Exiting out of the shower- trying not looking at my reflection in the mirror- I wrapped a navy towel around my waist and another for my hair. After dressing I slipped on my black ankle boots and wandered into the deserted hallway. Walking down the rickety stairs and peeked into the kitchen, only to see all the children laughing, talking, and eating around the room. Creeping by the mess of people, and swiftly grabbed a green apple, from the fruit basket on the island. Just as I was about to walk out the front door I was stopped by Sara. 

"Hey Calla? Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?" Her voice was hesitant and hopeful. 

I sighed, shut the door and nodded. Turning around to face her - only to find that she wasn't alone. Behind her were the boys from last night. The one with the black and blue streaked hair flashed me a bright smile. 

The man standing next to him gave me a smirk. 

“Hello there, gorgeous," he purred making me shiver in disgust. 

"Easy there Chris," warned a deep and masculine voice. I glanced out of the corner of my eye and saw the man with the black hair and Caribbean blue eyes that made my body shiver with something that wasn't disgust." You don't wanna scare the poor girl." he smirked. Offended I spun my body on the balls of my feet to face this mystery man. He was leaning against the foyer door frame; he donned a tight white t-shirt and dark blue jeans. He flicked the wayward strands of ebony hair out of his eyes, and eyed me up with just a hint of a smile quirking at the ends of his lips. Suddenly our eyes met and I drowned. 

He didn't break eye contact until Sara started talking again- almost making me jump in surprise. 

"Boys!" She snapped scolding. “Leave the poor girl alone- before I tan you're hides!" 

I would have laughed at the expressions on the two boys faces - but if I had been in their place I probably would have been just as scared. I settled with a light snicker behind my hand. The ebony haired boy that been chuckling lightly at his friends- stopped when he heard me laugh.  

His gaze was fixated on me until  

Sara said, “Hunter! Introduce yourself, Chris, and Billy." 

Gaze still on me, the boy with the black hair righted himself from the wall and approached me- hand out stretched - and quirked the ends of his lips up in an almost smile that didn't reach his unreadable eyes and said," I'm Hunter."

Hunter's pov

"I'm Hunter."  

Those where the first words that came out of my mouth, whilst I peered at deep pools of Violet. Calla stared at my hand and glanced at me from underneath her thick lashes, and nibbled on her bottom lip.