No Strings: Kyra

I didn't dream in the spirit world this time. Roku did not come to me and speak wisdom. I just remember floating. Then suddenly gravity shoved me again, I gasp for air. This time no one spoke but when I collapsed someone caught me. "How long has it been?" Silence for a moment, "Long enough." Said a grumbling voice of a more elderly fellow. A warm cloth reached my eyes and wiped it away so I could see. I opened to see five elderly mean, I jump out of the mans arms. "Who are you!" They all look as if I had hurt them in some way. The rather large man on his knees smiled, "Kyra... it's us." I look at the men standing in front of me, they had changed. "Iroh?" The man smiled and grunted getting up, "Yes dear." He helped me up holding my weight. "Pakku? Piandao? Jeong Jeong?" They all smiled and then from corner I saw something even more exciting, "Bumi?" He was so old now. They all had grown and I had sadly stayed the same. They were all smiling as they led me out of the bunker and into the warm breeze of summer.

"We need to finish the last of your training my dear. You'll be coming with me. To the palace. I see your tattoos have again disappeared." I look down in shock. Roku never came to tell me she would vanish again. They had a set of new clothes for me and helped me set my hair in a fire nation bun. They all hugged and said their goodbyes I would be traveling with Iroh, to finish my training. As we set off on his boat we were alone for the first time in what seemed like a lifetime, "I'm still sorry Iroh. Truly." He nodded. "You were right. I did meet a wonderful woman and had a son. Sadly, the war took them both from me." I did not have to look at him to know he was in pain.

"But nonetheless I have found joy in my nephew," He paused but looked out to the sea, "and...my niece. You will meet them soon." I nodded, "Why am I awake?" He turned back to me. "You are awake because you need to be a master and we need your help." I looked to him, "Anything Iroh." He nodded, "My brother is plotting something. For the reason I cannot not understand. He is blackmailing his wife, Ursa. I'm not sure how but he is. She will not tell me what but she has sent letters saying how much she needs my protection. We think it may have something to do with the war." I nodded taking this in, "How am I suppose to help?" He turned his back to me, "I will train you. You will take the name Sho. If anyone asks, that is the name you will tell them. While we train we will help Ursa. When the deed is done and you are trained we will encase you again until the time is right." I nodded. There was no one on the deck of the ship besides Iroh and I. He gave me my fake story to tell people if someone gets suspicious. My name is Sho, I came from the fire nation colonies. An orphan, Iroh found my talent with fire-bending unique and quick. He took me under his wing to train me and made me lieutenant. I will be his right hand man in the next battle. A battle I will not be attending. We enter into the fire nation, I'm wearing lieutenant attire. My hair in a high bun and I have bangs in front of my forehead. 

We land and anchor our ship. We are greeted by a charade of people. We are escorted by the guards to the palace. I was amazed by how grand everything was. For just a moment I thought how nice it would have been to live here. Just for a moment. We are bombarded by people at the main entrance of the palace, we force our way through the main gate and into the main garden. "UNCLE IROH!" I hear from the corridor in front of us, a young boy comes running towards us. "Zuko!" Iroh bends down to take the hug. I see another child, a girl with her arms crossed. And then a beautiful woman appears her arms in her sleeves, "Uncle Iroh so very pleased to see you in good condition. We were very worried." She bows, Iroh gives back the honor, "Queen Ursa. Your beauty has not faded since. How is everything?" He gives her a look, she takes the hint. "Better now you are here." She looks to the girl hiding in the shadows, "Azula come tell your uncle hi." The girl hasn't even looked at her uncle, her eyes have been set on me, "Who is she?" My face blushes, but I want to take that rotten child and strangle her. "My name is Sho. Lieutenant Sho." The girl scoffs and runs off. "I don't know what I should do about that child." Ursa says shaking her head, her eyes pull away to look at me.