Master Iroh: Kyra

"Master Kyra?" I opened my eyes, we have been traveling around for sometime keeping secret from the fire nation. Iroh smiles, it makes me feel funny. I was 14 and Iroh was 16. He was the youngest one in the group. He looked like he was 18 or 20. Muscular, and handsome and....I shake my head. I can't have those thoughts I gave an oath. He grabs my hand, "Are you feeling well? Jeong Jeong wanted to give you a lesson about fire bending." I nodded and stood he helped me, we were in a abandoned camp. They gave me my own hut to sleep in. His hands were on my waist, "Your cold, do I need to send for a thicker coat?" I giggled, "No thank you I'm used to this..." the Northern Water Tribe popped in my head and made me yearn for my old friends. His hands tightened around my waist, "You sure? I will do anything you ask." I gulped, "I am good Iroh thank you again." I pushed past him. And through the door, I heard him murmur to himself. I almost ran right into Pakku. "Sorry Pakku, I didn't see you." Pakku was the second oldest at 28. He was knelt down crafting a small circle. I smiled, "Are you proposing?" He froze, "I..uh.. well." He stammered, he took in deep breath, "Yes, I just can't think of anything to engrave on it." He knelt back down, I smiled at him, "Pakku, engrave something that truly shows who you are." He smiled, "Thanks, your very wise." Pakku, didn't show emotion much. That small sentence filled me with joy. "Anytime, where is Jeong Jeong?" He nodded and pointed, "Near the river that way." I nodded and started to jog, halfway there I heard goofy footsteps I smiled. "Bumi, I can at least jog to the river alone." He nodded, "I understand, but it is my duty. Anyway I like our little talks alone." He gave a snort. "I like our talks to Bumi."

Bumi has talked to me the most out of all five of the men. It's been 10 years since I was encased. It was odd, but I liked learning what has changed since the fire nation attacked. As well as my brother who had been friends with the gangly young man who ran beside me. Bumi made me calm and centered it was like having Mi around. Made my heart happy. We made it to the frozen river. Jeong Jeong stood stiffer than a board. According to Piandao he was a deserter of the fire nation army. The punishment is death. I gulped, Jeong Jeong was more emotionally constipated. It was frustrating. He sensed us and turned, "Ah, Master Kyra. Please come forth I want you to watch some poses and to learn technique." I rolled my eyes and sat down. They all didn't think I could bend. For the only fact that I didn't have my tattoos. From what they knew of me, I had the tattoos that stated I was an air-bender. So badly I wanted to summon Ravaa to my side. But I didn't. Bumi and I watched Jeong Jeong do flips and bend fire for hours. Finally I had enough. I stood, "I would like to try." His eyes got big, "I do not think that is wise." I shook my head, "How do you expect me to learn... just by watching? Sooner or later I must try to bend fire." He sighed looking at Bumi, "Alright, let's do a simple one then. Nothing crazy. Bending fire incorrectly can cause major destruction Kyra." I looked at him, "I have seen what it is capable of." He gulped, "Alright then. Put your fist out like your punching air, then move your other hand also in a fist towards your chest. I nodded and faced the river. I practiced the movement a few times before letting myself control the fire within me. I had felt it once or twice before I was encased but never let it free. I enhaled, and did the motion. Fire flew from my outstretched fist, melting the water. I exhaled, and let my hands drop. Bumi and Jeong Jeong both speechless.

I turned smiling, "Well, I guess I will see you tomorrow then. For more on hand training?" He nodded and looked to Bumi, "Escort her back." Bumi fumbled to his feet and motioned for me to follow. We weren't jogging long when Bumi chuckled, "I've never seen Jeong Jeong so speechless! You truly are gifted! It's just like the script says!" I froze in my tracks. "Script?" He about fell over a log. "Uh well... I guess you were going to find out whether Pakku wanted you to or not. Yes there are legends and stories about the fearless leader who attacked the fire nation on the Southern Air Temple. Children stories if you will. Our ancestors would tell us these stories. As we grew Piandao stated that the leader could have been you. We went to the temple before Iroh had joined our cause, and found scripts and scripts describing a young girl able to control all four elements just like the Avatar. Of course it took weeks to transcribe what the monks were saying. For they hid you well. They spoke on how fast you learned to bend, how you could be even more powerful than the Avatar. They trained you to protect the Avatar and the air bending people." He paused from talking so fast. I nodded and took this in, "That's how you found me?" He shook his head, "No.. we read all the scripts but not one stated what had happened to you. We searched for years, until finally we found a young Iroh snooping into our camp one night. He told us he had figured it out. He told us you were still there. We didn't believe him of course because we had searched that entire temple for weeks that turned into months. He convinced us to take him. So we did."