The Northern Water Tribe: Ling

Cold. I have never experienced cold in my life. We were stopped, a few miles from the Northern Water Tribe. On a fairly large iceberg where Tomo could rest and we could sleep before we arrived. My hair was growing back it was getting past my ears. But I was mistaken for a boy so many times it was starting to make me angry. I was shivering in the saddle.  Even with all the blankets we had brought I was still freezing. I was looking over at Mi when I felt the water ripple under us. I jolted up and saw a six ships headed our way. "Master Gyatso!" He looked up and sighed, "Patrols. Don't worry when we tell them  who we are they will guide us to the water tribe." The boats got closer. Mi stood, "Master, those aren't patrols." I gasped, "Tomo UP!" He groaned and rose quickly. But not quick enough, a bender iced Tomo's left foot. He groaned harder. I jump up grabbing my staff. I jumped in the air, before Gyatso could stop me, to air swipe the ice cycle holding Tomo. It shattered in half. "Tomo FORWARD!" He lunged making me fall into the saddle. They started sending snow bombs at us. Tomo swerved in and out. "We are only a few miles that way from the Tribe." Gyatso said pointed ahead. "Let's hope so. I'm gonna hurl." Mi said with her face turning green. The faster we flew the faster they pursued us.

Finally I had enough. "Mi take the reigns." She did so gladly. "Where do you think you are going?" Gyatso said giving me a stern look. "Tomo isn't going to last long at this speed. I need to weaken them." I grabbed my staff and flicked it. It ejected an orange flap at the top and the bottom. I jumped. Holding onto the staff above me I soared down to them. The tundra winds were excruciating against my face. I landed on the  front ship. Pirates. There was a total of ten of them. They got into their stances. I smiled. This is what my training called for. I blew the five who ran at me off the deck, into the water. Three more came. One tried to suck me into a water ball. I deflected and blew him into the side knocking him out. The next one water bended my feet to the deck, freezing them solid. I blew him up into the sky and let him fall to the deck, he groaned in pain. I tried to get free from the ice. I couldn't. I saw the next one coming so I spun my staff causing an air tunnel. She fell into the stairs groaning. Another woman came and smiled, "What are you going to do now little air-bender? Your stuck to the ship." She looked up to Tomo. "I bet I could get a hefty price on that Bison." I felt something I was told not to do by my mother. I felt the water. I let it flow through me. I attached the staff to my back and put my hands over my feet. I let the water melt and guide up to my hands and surround my arms, "How? what? who?" I smiled and sent the water encasing her and sucking her off the boat. I ran up to the top of the ship, it was out of control. I went to the steering device and rotated it so the ship would turn on its left side. The other ships crashed into it. I jumped, flicking my staff, I soared watching the destruction of what I had done.

I sighed, "Gyatso is going to punish me for this." I finally reached Tomo and landed on his saddle. To my surprise Gyatso smiled. "Good work. I think your air-bending training is in full force now." I smiled and put the staff down. Mi was frowning, "Could've asked if I wanted to join? I could have beat them up a little too." I giggled, "Tomo wouldn't listen to Gyatso. I am sure he would need you more here to make sure Tomo didn't sit on him." Tomo grunted in agreement. Making us all three laugh. "There." Mi pointed in front of her. An ice wall taller than any I have seen before. A new adventure laid behind it. "Land Tomo in the water. We can swim the rest." Mi nodded and sent Tomo down into the water. With a splash we were swimming towards the entrance. It was beautiful. I stuck my hand into the water, frigid as it was, I felt free." A few ships came from the entrance. "Who goes there?" A man in blue fur coat stated. "My name is Master Gyatso and I bring the Avatar Guide. Your Chief Akido is expecting us." He nodded and lead us to the gate. "Now listen. Water Benders are very spiritual people. Do not think that you can just walk in here and control everything. You new master is going to be Chief Akido. You need to show him the same respect you have shown me." I nodded, "Yes Master." We watched as five men lifted the great gate. It opened to a city worth many wonders. I have never seen so much ice and snow. I was mesmerized. Ice houses were emerging with smoke, fish below Tomo, ice gondolas emerged everywhere. Finally we got view of the Palace. A wondrous site it was, I couldn't believe there was so much ice. "We will get your Bison a good hay barn to keep him warm." We exited off the saddle and entered onto the platform where a range of men and woman were waiting.