Lunch out

"Fugooo, do we have to keep studying? I'm hungry.."
"Fine. 5 more questions and then we can order something."
Narancia and Fugo sat together at a small table in the corner of a restaurant, having their regular tutoring session. Fugo handed Narancia a pen and a piece of paper with 5 last equations. Narancia took the pen and paper and began scribbling down his answers.
After a couple minutes, he handed Fugo back the paper and gave him a confident smile.

"How'd I do?"
Fugo checked over his answers and it didn't take long for him to respond.
"Only 2 out of 5?! You dumbass, you can do better!"
As Fugo raised his voice, Narancia used his arms as a barrier to avoid any possible cutlery related attacks. Luckily, Fugo didn't seem to be picking up any forks. That still didn't mean he wasn't pissed off.
"Hey no need to get to pissed! I'm trying my best you asshole!"
"Oi! Don't talk to me like that you shit head!"
Fugo yelled back.
"Look who's talking."
Slamming his fists on the side of the table, Fugo threw himself backwards into his seat.
There was a silence between the two of them. For some reason, this time, Fugo didn't go all out on Narancia like he normally did when he got a question wrong. He just sat there pissed off, not making eye contact. Narancia rested his head in his palm and let out a quick sigh.

"I'll try to study harder Fugo. Sorry I got it wrong again."
Turing his head slowly, Fugo looked at Narancia.
"No, it's alright. Your smart, and you can get there eventually. Just keep trying."
The two gave a small smile to each other before Fugo started talking again.

"Anyway I'm hungry. What should we get to eat?"
"Oh, I'll get a Margherita pizza, with some mushrooms too!"
Clearly excited by the idea of food, Narancia cheered up completely.
"Alright, I'll get a large one so we can share. I'm not too hungry, so you can have most of it."
Fugo called over the waiter and ordered the pizza. The two sat at the table together, chatting while waiting for the order to arrive. After a few minutes, Fugo brought up a new conversation.

"Narancia, you're really smart. It's amazing what you can do just from our tutoring sessions. I know I don't say this type of stuff a lot, but,
I'm proud of you."
Slightly taken a back by Fugo's sudden kind words, Narancia looked blankly at him for a few seconds before smiling back.
"Thank you Fugo! I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you, so really I should be thanking you. I couldn't ask for a better tutor."

Or a better friend...

Narancia thought the last part to himself.
The two smiled at each other, a small silence between them. The moment was broken up when the waiter arrived and placed their pizza in between them.
"Ah, thank you." Fugo smiled before turning his attention back to Narancia. Immediately, Narancia started stuffing his face with the pizza.
"Ah!" Narancia cried, burning him tongue.
"Careful, it's hot." Fugo teased. Spitting out the burning pizza, Narancia pouted and looked at Fugo.
"Thanks for the info."
Merely chuckling, Fugo rested his head on his palm and watched Narancia, making eye contact.

A few moments of silence passed between them, before the two of them realised how awkward the ten seconds of just staring into each other's eyes was. Fugo lifted his head and glanced to the side.
"Uh, right. We should probably eat some more of our food."
Narancia nodded.
"Yeah, right."