The Riot

Dan woke up with a start. 'Sleeping in the void is never a good idea is it?'. He thought. His back and head hurt, probably from accidentally sleeping on the floor so much. Dan stood up, wincing from the pain on his back and stretched. Today was the big the big day. 'Even though time still doesn't matter here'. He had been up for hours training his magic here. It was a very useful place to practice too, it was noiseless and free of any disturbance that might have bothered him anywhere else. Other than the occasional maddening screech above him, this place was still as safe a home can be in the void.

'Ughh, what was my dream again' Dan thought while wracking his brain for any information. He was sure he had some sort of farming dream or something. One where he worked a day as a farmer and it went so well he got into planting business which ended his dream. Considering the randomness of his dreams, he was either struggling with an existential crisis or the void was once again, trying to drive him up the wall. Personally I think it's the latter.

Now somewhat awake and ready, he had his breakfast at a table he got from a warehouse from Frisk's world, it was a marble one too with black steel leggings so it was a steal in his opinion. He also stole two chairs, a dark blue one for him and a blood red one for Chara, who's body he had propped over the chair adjacent to him. He just wanted to have someone to talk to while he ate his bread. Water wasn't so much of an issue here, he had a few water bottles he snatched from some supermarket and just made a portal in their toilet to the void. It was pretty clever anyway in his non biased opinion. He also didn't even pay for any of the stuff mentioned above so the 'steal' was quite literal.

First Person Perspective: Dan

"Sooo, how was your day" I pitched to the Chara who was sitting comfortably on the nice chair I'd gotten them. They stayed silent. "Mine was pretty good" I talked over my question after my companion decided to stay quite, it was in a corpse's nature after all. "I got the hang of Green and Yellow magic, though I am still struggling with all the other types, especially Red magic, disabling someone for life is not something I would want to do on accident" I said to Chara while eating. "In fact, I can now do multiple shots with my yellow magic gun at a time and get this, healing magic!" I told Chara excitedly. "Can you believe it?, I should become a healer honestly". I boasted to them.

Chara still remained silent. "Do you know what this means Chara?" I leaned in as close as I can to them for the added dramatic affect. "I won't have to keep stealing stuff anymore!, I could get a job as a healer in Frisk's world. In fact, there are like, barely, if any human magic users in their world so I could make a living healing people". I ranted to the corpse. Even though somewhere in my mind I knew talking to a dead person was not okay, I'm in the Void, who cares?.

After I finished my rant and actually finished my food, I immediately stood up and walked over to Chara's body. "You don't listen do you?" I asked Chara who was still remaining silent despite his attempts. I sigh, grabbing Chara's body and put it a big vacation bag on wheels. I also took out my dark blue 'tourist' hat and wore my dark blue shirt that gets lighter the lower you look. I still had my black jogging pants and pitch black boots I always wore. Not forgetting an essential part of my disguise, I also put on an elastic face mask that I had cleanly bought from a store. Grinning and putting on sunglasses over my glasses, I called to Chara in the bag "let's go get your soul!". I conjured up and stepped into the portal to a beacon. The beacon fluctuated for a moment before pulling me into it's clutches and into Frisk's and Chara's world. I'll see you all there!.

Dan the human
HP: 20/?
Atk: 5(3)
Def: 10(8)
Lv: [REDACTED]
A human who's excitement for the future betrays his depressing past.