The Body

First Person Perspective: Dan

Honestly, I was a bit guilty when I saw that the expression on Asriel's face went from confusion to understanding and shock. What I was really surprised was the fact of how quickly he caught on what I was implying. 'It's not everyday that you find some guy just showing up to dig up your old friend's body' I thought to myself wryly. Though I was lucky, Chara did seem to still hate Asriel for the 'Accident' a few...... Years?...... Decades?...... Millennia?.... That was a bit reassuring since I didn't want to find out what ghost Chara would be like in combat. That was..... Well, Scary really. Near impossible to defeat with a lotta determination. Not too fun to think about.

Though, I was still expecting Asriel to look up to me in defiance, his eyes shone with a fire rekindled from having emotions again. 'He's ready to fight with me isn't he?' I sighed. I can't really do anything about that can I. Might as well just...... DEFEND with all my might and hope he exhausts himself out. 'He can't have THAT big of a magic reserve can he?'' Was the last thing he thought about before the world went dark.

Asriel Attacks!

I ACTed and DEFEND myself from the barrage of fireballs I knew would be all around me as soon as I finished my turn. I closed my eyes and focused, reaching out to my soul to tap into my magic reserves. Concentrating, I thought of Undyne and her sharp spears. I thought about all the players that had to traverse from Waterfall to Hotland only to find out about their first main enemy that actively tries to kill them and cannot be reasoned with. I thought about green magic and the countless spears that enclosed me. That WILL enclose me if don't protect myself with something. Anything!.

Concentrating that feeling in front of me, I gathered my magic and waited....... I felt my body surrounded with green magic and a dark green shield materialized. I opened my eyes with a smile and gave myself a pat on the back. It's been awhile since the last time I did magic. Only really when I was coming to this world and.... Now.

Bracing myself, I felt the full brunt of the fireballs that were aimed at me. Some of them streaked past me to block off escapes, stopping me from moving elsewhere in this tight confined space. For normal humans, that would been game over as their health would be slowly chipped down as fireball after fireball hit their Soul. Usually, some of the late game players would dodge turn with some damage but for the beginners? This bullet hell attack would kill them.

Fortunately, I was neither. That wouldn't really matter if they had magic like me. I only needed to keep this shield up and rotate it to block incoming attacks like the Undyne fight. Since moving wasn't an option, the fireballs that didn't hit me were useless in hitting me. The fireballs that were hitting me were the problem though.

'Now this is a fight!' I thought with a grin. Adrenaline pumping through my veins and invigorating me for the fight. After a while of relentless fireballs hitting my shield, even cracking it up a bit at the middle. The barrage slowed down eventually, as fewer and fewer fireballs were hitting me. So I decided to have a little fun with the monster, loosen him up for the display to come. I cancelled my shield and walked forward, intent on closing the distance between us. 'After all, who doesn't love a bit of excitement in a fight script' . I thought to myself with a smile.

Thankfully, the smoke of the fireballs obscured Asriel's view somewhat, making his aim kinda terrible as he kept missing my soul with his fireballs. So I was free to advance as slowly as I want to. So when a fireball comes my way, I duck away from it before continuing onto Asriel. I ran, pumped with excitement as every wrong move I make could result in taking damage and enjoyed every second of it. Not too much though, I wouldn't want to get too attached to fighting. Reaching the end of the smoke, I walked out the fog with an ear splitting grin on my face. 'I can't wait to see the look on his face!' I gleefully thought to myself while readying for my attack. Thinking about Alphys and Mettaton for a change. It was rather nice actually