Chapter 34:

Chanel

"What is your miserable ass doing here?" I look up and see my friend Shelly walking behind the desk of the hospital where I was sitting.

"I need to get away from dumbass Kody." I said logging into the computer.

"I thought Austin said he didn't want you back until you had the baby." She said talking about our friend who is also the head doctor and owns the hospital.

"I did." I turn to Austin as he walked over checking stuff off on a clipboard then giving it to Shelly. "So why are you here?"

"You said I could not be on the floor. I'm obviously sitting behind the desk doing computer work. Let me be great Austin. I'm sick of being cooped up in the house with nothing to do. Shit, you don't even gotta pay me. I'ma just sit here and mess with you and Shelly whenever I choose to come in.

"Whatever Chanel." He said shaking his head sending me his famous perfect smile.

"Austin why are you so handsome, like damn." Shelly said.

"Right." I agreed.

"Chanel, love, I told you I wanted you. You had a situation already tho. Now look at you all in love and pregnant. Just broke my heart." He joked holding his hand over his heart.

"Bye Austin, you play all day." I said flagging him off.

He laughed as his hospital phone went off. "Gotta go, but let me know if ya nigga start fuckin up." He said pointing at me backing up.

"This nigga won't be fuckin up." Kjayy said standing behind Austin.

"Oop." Shelly said grabbing her cart with the computer and walking off.

Austin smirked. "All jokes my man, all jokes." He said holding his hands up walking away.

*

"Don't even." I said holding my hand to stop Kjayy from opening his mouth.

I turned in my seat towards him matching his pissed off expression.

"I am so fuckin over you and your shit. You be having fuckin attitudes for no fuckin reason and I have been letting you slide for the most part. I'ma need for you to get a grip on that shit and real quick. Because you keep fuckin around and will end up single and having a set schedule for not only when you see one of ya sons, but for the both of them. Keep fuckin playing with me Kody." I snapped.

His face softened staring at me as guilt and realization shown across his face.

He nodded slowly before turning forward and starting the car.

*

Kjayy

"I would have slumped his shit." Kaine said passing me the blunt as we sat in Brandon's trap. I haven't been here in forever but I needed to smoke and have an escape for a while.

Everything's just be getting to me lately pissing me off. If it's not one thing it's the next.

Chanel's words hit me hard today. I ain't losing Chanel, never, that shit is not happening. That's mine.

"Man, I would have if we wasn't in a public place that he fuckin owns. I already don't like the nigga knowing that he wanted my girl once before anyway."

"Y'all King's be overreacting." Z said rolling another blunt.

"Nigga you more of a brother than a cousin so you got some King in you too." I said.

"Nigga I am a Reed."

"Shit, so are we dummy." Kaine said.

"I agree with Z." Bc said walking over. "Y'all both know what it is between y'all so there is no reason to sweat the next mothafucka."

"So you would be coo with Karma being friends with someone that liked her once upon a time and was joking and shit with her like that. You wouldn't have slumped him?" I asked.

"Nah," He said all simple surprising us.

"I would have shot the nigga. Not to kill him, but definitely shot him. Shit maybe even to kill him."

"Fucking dickhead." Kaine said as we laughed.

"And hear this shit, Chanel think I want Tiffany because I said I don't want her nigga around Jaden."

"Ew bruh, you better not want that hoe."

"You already know I don't fuckin want that hoe. I just don't want her bringing nigga after nigga in and out of his life. If their relationship serious then I have no problem with dude being around Jaden. So until I know whether dude is coo and they are serious I don't want him around my son. Just like if I wasn't serious with Chanel she wouldn't be around him."

*

I walked into the house hearing Chanel crying as I walked towards our room.

"I'm just over everything. I'm over being pregnant and hormonal, I'm over the shit with Kody's babymama, I'm tired of the continously bickering and fighting going on between me and Kody. We have never argued this much before and it's taking a toll on me because it's usually about some shit that can be avoided. Even tho I know that neither of us are going anywhere I feel like our relationship is being strained and we're not even trying anymore. I'm tired of his attitudes lately just like I know that he is tired of my pregnant ass." She sniffled wiping her face obviously trying to keep her tears at bay, but it was not working. "I have been crying in the shower every morning the past couple of days because I don't want him to see me crying."

I crawled into bed with her making her jump in surprise dropping the phone. "Shit Kody don't do that." She snapped looking away trying to wipe her eyes not wanting me to see her cry.

I picked up the phone seeing it was Karma.

"She'll call you back Kar."

"You better get your shit together." Karma snapped into the phone.

"I got this." I said then hung up.

I grabbed Chanel's hands pulling them away from her face as she tried to stop the continuous tears that were falling.

"Stop." She whine looking away as I stared in her eyes.

"I'm hurting you." I mumbled. "I honestly don't mean to and you know I would never want to. I love yo ass." I said as she laid her head againt my chest as I pulled her into me.

"Chanel?"

"Hmm?" She mumbled against my chest.

"Don't play about leaving a nigga. I'll probably fuck around and lose my mind at the thought of losing you again."

She lifted her head and stared at me for a while then laid her head back down.