Chapter 5:

Chanel

I headed out of the hospital where I work. As soon as I got into my car my phone started ringing. It was a unknown number so I started to ignore it, but decided to answer it. "Hello?"

"Chanel King." My heart flattered hearing his voice, damn heart.

"Not my name. How the hell did you get my number?" I asked.

"I have my ways." He answered.

"Is that right? I'ma kill Karma. So what can I do for you Kjayy?"

"It's Kody."

"I mean I can hang up."

"Jaden wanna see you." He said making me scuff.

"You wanna see me or Jaden?" I asked.

"I mean the both of us." I knew he was smirking through the phone. "Come to my tattoo shop."

"For what?"

"Jaden wants see you and so do I. You act like we can't have a friendship or nothing."

I sighed. "Fine."

After he texted me the address I headed home to shower and change then headed to his shop.

As soon as I walked in Jaden ran to me. Kjayy looked over quick but he was busy doing a tattoo.

"Hey Nelly!" Jaden said hugging me.

"Hey babes." I said back sitting with Jaden in my lap.

I wanted to take a picture with him but I know his mom would trip and I'm not a disrespectful ass female so I won't do that. Even tho the bitch didn't respect me or my relationship. I ain't gonna be petty and play get even.

"So he can get a hug, but I can't?" I look up from my phone where Jaden is playing a game to Kjayy.

I smile shaking my head. "You was busy."

"I ain't now." He said moving Jaden then pulling me into his arms. No matter how hard I wanted to fight it my body melted into his chest like it knows this is home. He reached his hand slightly under the back of my shirt and rubbed circles on my back dimples like he use to do years ago. I froze stepping back.

"I ordered us food. I was hoping we could talk, fill each other in on the past four years." He said as a delivery man came through the door. I nodded at him then followed him to the back after he paid. I split my food with Jaden since he didn't want his own food but wanted mine.

"Don't be spoiling him. I should pop his little ass. I got him the same shit but he wanna be picky." Kjayy said.

"Shut up that's my new baby. I'll spoil him all I want."

"Yeah okay." He said sucking his teeth. "So what'd you go to school for? I know you said nursing but you never picked a type."

"I'm a pediatric nurse."

"That's for babies and kids right?" I nodded. "That's coo you always loved kids." I swallowed nodding again.

"What about you? You were already in college for a year but didn't choose a major yet." I said eating.

"You been knew I liked to draw I just took it to another level after the many tattoos I got from my dad and uncle's tattoo artist and I wanted to learn. I got my license to tat and pierce. Also my business license and here I am, King's Ink. Kaine gonna be tattooing too when he finishes college." I nodded.

"I'm proud of you." I said honestly.

"I appreciate it." He said smiling. "You should let me give you a tattoo."

"Yeah right, so you can try to tattoo Kjayy on my ass? I think not."

"Nah, I was thinking Kody on ya inner thigh. Near where my man's home use to be if you know what I'm saying." I blushed as he chuckled.

"Shut up."

"Got any other piercings besides ya nipples?" He asked.

"What? How do you know that?" I asked looked down to see if they were visible.

"I seen them through ya bikini. I'm mad I ain't get to do them. You should let me see to make sure they're done right." I blushed shaking my head as he chuckled.

"Hell no you ain't even slick." I said.

*

"Alright I need to go I gotta work in the morning." I said kissing Jaden's head as he slept in my lap before moving him.

We spent time in the shop. He even closed it early and the three of us watched movies in the back room.

"I'ma walk you to ya car." He said standing up following me to the door.

"I'ma be texting ya lil ass CK so you better hit me back too." He said pulling me into his arms once we made it to my car.

"Whatever." I said hugging him back.

He moved his hands to my ass gripping it.

"That's not friendship shit, Kjayy" I said moving away. I turned opening my door receiving a slap on my ass.

"Fuck a friendship." He said.