Hey! this is my first story so bare with me guys! the photo is Vanessa

Funerals. What is the point of funerals? Is it to make you cry even more after you have already balled your eyes out after hearing of the person's death? In this case it is. My beloved brother; too small to have his life taken, too innocent, too childish and too happy, had his life taken from him by some drunk idiot on the road. You always hear that when you die its Gods way of telling you that he needs you up in heaven, but I think that's just a load of rubbish. Why would God want a sweet and innocent boy like James when everyone is always talking about having good people in this world to make the world better, if this is true then why was my baby brother taken away from me. He has always been one of the most caring people I know. He was only 6, and all because people do get the memo 'don't drink and drive', he was tragically taken away from this horrible earth. He was so excited for school; his first day of school was tomorrow. He was always a smart kid and excelled in creativity things such as drawing and creative writing, yes he was writing stories in kinder! That's how smart he was. Today was one of the worst days of my life. I am currently sitting on my bed trying to find the strength to get up to change out of my black dress from earlier today. I am trying so hard not to replay the day in my head but that's all I can think about. Today I had to attend my brother's funeral. As if I hadn't done enough crying in the past week; after we found out what had happened, I had to endure another day of balling my eyes out. I am so tired of crying and feeling lifeless, I am sick and tired of people giving me sad looks and feeling depressed. But the thing is, I can't help it. I just lost my closest friend and beloved family member. My parents have gone to America for the next two weeks to recover from our terrible loss, and also to tell our family the tragic news. So I'm left alone, in the house, grieving over my brother, alone, in my summer holidays.

"Vanessa, you in here?" Vicki shouted from downstairs.

Vicki has been my best friend since secondary school. She has dark brown hair with gorgeous light blue eyes while I have dirty blond hair with light green eyes.

"I'm up here" I shouted on the top of my lungs. Jez, I sound like I have been strangled, it's probably from all the crying I've had to do the pass month. Within a few seconds I could hear the light footsteps of her shoes outside my bedroom door. She opened the door slowly as if she might scare me.

"Hey" She said as she walked to my bed and sat down on it next to me.

"How you feeling. Wow, that was a dumb question."

That made me chuckle a little bit. She always knows how to make me laugh.

"I'm ok"

"Hey, do you want to go and watch a movie downstairs in the lounge room?"

"Yeah, hopefully it will help keep my mind off of things."

I got changed into a pair of pyjamas and started to head downstairs.