Chapter Nineteen

US AGAINST THE WORLD

"time for plan b"

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx." Mom said  as she applied pressure to Allison's neck. "One of you will need to give blood."

"I will." It was said in a desperate unison by all five of the siblings in the room. All of them wanting to save their sister's life.

"I'm doing it." Luther argued.

"I'm afraid that's not possible dear boy. Your blood is more compatible with mine." Pogo said with a small frown as he stared at Luther.

"Hey, don't sweat it. I-I got this big guy." Klaus said running over to mom and smacking his arm where the needle will go. "I-I love needles."

"Master Klaus." Pogo said, putting his hand on Klaus' shoulder. "Your blood is...how shall I say this...too polluted."

"I've got it." I said, pulling Klaus back. "I'll do it."

Mom turned to me with the syringe in her hand. I stuck my arm out when a thud sounded, making everyone jump. I turned my head to see Diego passed out on the floor. A small smile was placed on Pogo's face as he stared at Diego.

"Stick him."

_oOo_

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister is still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after her." Diego said

"Vanya is not important." Five argued.

My eyes widened as I stared at Five, shock written all over my face.

"Hey that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five." Diego said sternly, like a mother scolding her child.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is out first priority." Five said. While Five's statement was a valid point, to him there was something more to this than just the apocalypse. I could see it in his eyes. First at the cabin he had a look of realization settling in on his face. Every step he took to get inside the cabin was cautious and before we had even walked through the door revealing the horrifying scene he already had tears in his eyes. And now here, anger, a burning anger is held in his eyes. Something had to have happened between him and this Jenkins dude, something bad.

"I agree. Let's go." Diego said with a nod.

"You guys count me out." Klaus said. I looked to him confused, Diego and Five doing the same. "I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just...I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for a newly sober me, so..." 

"You're coming." Diego stated.

"No, no, no. I mean, I think we can all agree that my powers...I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back. Besides you've got Natalia, she's like a powerhouse." Klaus said, gesturing towards me.

"Klaus I'm flattered, truly." I said, putting my hand over my heart. "Now get up, we're leaving." I said sternly.

"You can't make me." Klaus argued. I raised a brow at him with a threatening stare but he just shrugged his shoulders as if asking me what I could do.

Red whisps wrapped around Klaus' foot and I turned to walk out the door, Digeo and Five following me. A loud thud sounded and a smirk formed on my face as Klaus yelled as I dragged him on the floor out the door.

_oOo_

"Hey, what's it with you and this Jenkins guy?" I asked Five as we got out of the car.

"What do you mean?" Five asked, a look of confusion on his face.

"I see it in your eyes. The hate whenever his name is said and I saw the look on your face when we pulled up to the cabin last night." I said stopping as Diego and Klaus walked into the house.

"It doesn't matter." Five said with a shake of his head. I knew that was the best answer and only answer I was going to get from him but what's wrong with trying right?

"Five come on. Did you get into a fight with him?" I asked.

"No." 

"Okay is he with the group of people after you?"

"No."

"Is he..." I started, only to be cut off by Five. "Natalia nothing happened with me and this guy alright!" I jumped a little, startled at his sudden change in voice. I couldn't even remember a time Five's yelled at me before. "You don't need to be so nosy all the damn time." Five said with a small glare. I felt tears forming in my eyes as I bit down on my lip. "Okay." I mumbled as I walked past him and towards the house. I pushed through the door of the house and threw my hand back, using my powers to slam it shut with such a force it shook the house and broke all of the windows.

"Geez Natalia!" Diego yelled, his hand over his heart. 

I stomped into the room they were in as the two of them looked to me confused.

"What uh..what happened out there?" Klaus asked. I shot him a glare and he knew within a second he should've never asked. I looked back to the scene before us to see Harold on the floor over a broken table. Countless knives, scissors, and pencils stabbed into his chest while blood pooled under him. 

"Well what the fuck do we do now?" I asked looking to Diego and Klaus as Five walked into the room.

"Let's get out of here before the cops come." Diego said as he folded his arms.

"In a minute." Five said as he walked towards Harold and pulled something out from his pocket.

He crouched down next to the body and ripped off the tape over his left eye revealing the prosthetic one in his hand. 

"Come on Five what are you..." Diego started as Five shoved the eyeball into where Harold's missing one was.

"Same eye color, same pupil size. Guys this is it." Five said with a small smile.

"Yeah well in case it isn't obvious he's dead." I shot, folding my arms.

"So what? This means the apocalypse is over." Diego said.

"No, Natalia's right. It can't be this easy." Five said as he stood up. "Look this is the note that I got from the commission. The one that says, "Protect Harold Jenkins"' Five said, holding the note out to all of us. "Aka Leonard Peabody." Five said, pointing to Harold.

"Yeah?" Diego asked, still not following.

"But who killed him? Who did this?" Five asked.

"I have a crazy idea. Crazy, but why don't we find Vanya and ask..." Klaus started as Five teleported away. "Her what happened." Klaus finished, looking around for Five. At this point Five's random jumpings don't faze anybody and honestly I'm glad he's gone. I don't want to be within Five feet of him for awhile, and I feel I've earned that after the shit he just pulled.

"If Vanya got away from this asshole, she might be headed back to the Academy." Diego said.

"Then what are we waiting for? let's go." I said, turning to walk out the door. Mid step something caught my eye, something shiny in the corner of the kitchen. I used my powers and pulled what turned out to be a jar of sorts. I twisted the cap open and pulled out the letter inside. I tossed the jar aside as Diego and Klaus joined me.

"What is that?" Klaus asked as I unrolled the paper.

On sentence revealed itself. One I myself was not supposed to see, one not any of the Hargreeves children were supposed to see. But a message for one of the commissioner's soldiers coming to clean up the mess now made. One sentence that appeared to be as deadly as simple. One order, straight to the point.

Kill Natalia Hargreeves