nine

Jisung and Plum sat inside his car while he parked outside her apartment

Jisung and Plum sat inside his car while he parked outside her apartment. She knew she'd have to leave but she wasn't expecting it to... work. She wasn't expecting him to change and become a warm person that found the joy in the positive things in life. Jisung still raved about his experience at the Soup Kitchen and decided he wanted to go every Christmas Eve to see the people they helped. He rambled on and on while Plum decided to use a little bit of magic.

She quickly wisped her hands in the air and called for the snow globe that was on her counter. She envisioned it moving into her bag and felt the bag at her side get heavier. She gave a small smile and lept out of the car. Jisung looked surprised at her actions and opened his door.

"Let's play in the snow."

He agreed and left the car on so the two could hear the Christmas music on the car's stereo. The street was quiet and bare. Only street lights and snow crowded the area. Everyone was home with their families and were enjoying the Christmas cheer. The elf and her (no longer) naughty boy threw snow in the air and danced under the chilling glow of the sky. They spun in circles and caught snow in their mouths. They listened to the soft guitar cords of a cover of O Holy Night. They threw snow at one another and basked in the warmth of the Christmas spirit.

Jisung ran to Plum and twirled her around like a ballerina. The two giggled and enjoyed their moments. Their breathes hitched as they had esteemed their energy. They stood still in front of one another and the snow fell quietly around them. The night was like magic. It was magic.

Plum reached into her bag and grabbed onto the snow globe, "Jisung, I have a present for you."

The boy nodded his head with ambitious eyes and watched as the elf pulled a snow globe out of her bag. It was a simple snow globe with a red bottom. Inside was a small stand of Christmas trees that rested behind a red pickup truck that had a small tree in the bed of the truck. It was so simple but so beautiful.

Jisung smiled happily and gave the globe a small shake, "Thank you, Plum. It's beautiful."

"Jisung."

"Yes, Plum."

"Whenever you think about me or the things we've done together, shake the snow globe." Plum asked him as Jisung nodded his head hesitantly.

"Are you okay?" He asked due to her weird behavior.

"You should get back to your family now." Plum explained as a tear slipped down her cheeks.

"Plum, you're worrying me." He whispered as she went to him and gave him a huge hug.

They held each other tightly before letting go and Plum held his hand for a second longer. She gave him a weak smile and let go of his hand. She furned to walk away and stopped at her apartment's entrance.

"Merry Christmas, Jisung."

"Merry Christmas, Plum."

Plumlight entered her apartment complex and saw Santa sitting on a bench for people waiting for the elevator. He gave the elf a kind smile as he could feel her heart break.

"What if you ride back home with me Plumlight." Santa suggested as Plum nodded her head.

It wasn't everyday that you escorted Santa to deliver his toys all around the world on Christmas Eve. They made their way to the roof and hopped into the sleigh and ran around in the sky like gravity had never existed. When they had finished the houses on Plum's block, they made their way to Jisung's house where she went inside with Santa.

They left Jieun, his little sister, some new dolls and a pair of ballet shoes. For Jisung, a pair of new sneakers and an outfit to go along. Plum saw Santa's signature card that read "To: Jisung, From: Father Christmas."

But Plumlight was stuck in her old ways. She quickly used a bit of magic to erase his name and wrote hers: Plumlight Dreamlove, with a small heart.

Santa watched and gave her an approving smile. The two then left and made their way to all the children of the world and then returned to her home, the North Pole. Once she arrived, her elf friends praised her and Santa's work. She smiled and accepted the praise but felt the emptiness in her heart grow and grow and grow.

After eating a late night snack with Mrs. Clause, Santa and the head elf, she bid everyone a good night and returned to her small cottage on the brink of the dark woods. As she fell asleep, her visions of dancing sugar plums were interrupted by him.

She couldn't think of anything but him.

And when she woke up the next morning, she watched through her snow globe him and his younger sister open their presents. When he saw his presents and the tags on the boxes, his eyes went wide and he excused himself to the restroom.

He snuck into his room and picked up her snow globe. He shook it and watched the snow fall, "Plum, I always knew. I could just feel it."

Plumlight watched him set the snow globe down and gave a small smile.

Of course he always knew.

————

Last chapter is coming!!

-Mames