six

"A Christmas ballet?" Jisung mumbled in disbelief as the two teens were asked from his car to the theater's doors

"A Christmas ballet?" Jisung mumbled in disbelief as the two teens were asked from his car to the theater's doors. Plum decided a Christmas ballet was exactly what Jisung needed to get into the Christmas mood. After all, he enjoyed dancing and singing.

"Jisung, you just might like it."

"Or I just might hate it."

"Or you just might be wrong and you'll enjoy it and it'll put you in a good mood!" Plum beamed as Jisung held the door open for her, "Thank you."

"Have you seen The Nutcracker before?" Jisung asked as they waited at the back of the line for their admittance.

"No, actually, I haven't."

"Oh? There's something the Christmas princess hasn't done?" Jisung goofed as plum gave a slight giggle.

"Thank you again for helping Grandma and I finish up the gingerbread cookies." Plum smiled as Jisung nodded his head and took of his gloves and huffed into his hands for warmth.

"No problem, I had fun."

He sure did. And his heart had changed, too. And that was the important part. Plum was absolutely thrilled to see a change in him and was excited for more. She thought the ballet would be a good transition from the fun of the baking to their next activity. Which would remain a secret for now.

"Have you ever seen a ballet before?" Jisung asked as Plum nodded her head up and down.

"I've seen several, but never The Nutcracker."

Jisung nodded and they continued to talk about school and Christmas. Their position in line moved up and sooner or late they entered the theatre to watch the ballet. They both, eagerly, anticipating the beautiful dancing.

"Are you excited, Jisung?" Plum asked, her eyes glimmering like a snowflake as she spoke.

"I don't tell many people this, but uhm, I'm a huge dancing buff. I love to learn dances. I love to see others dance. I just think dancing is very powerful, ya know? Being able to tell and depict a story through movement. And how your dance has to be engaging and captivating. That's interesting to me." Jisung explained.

Plum gave a small giggle, when Jisung was only a few years younger than he is now, he would stand in front of his mirror and copy dances that were popular at the time. Plum would always watch on in delight. It was one of the things that kept Plumlight's interest in Jisung. He would leave dances, make up his own.

He'd teach his friends as they'd do them together. He'd show his mom and she's applaud him and tell him how cool he was. His younger sister would sit on his bed and watch and awe as her big brother did each move powerfully. Jisung was a good dancer. He always was. And that's why Plumlight brought him to the ballet.

"Well, I hope you enjoy this is enjoyable for you." Plum gleamed as Jisung nodded his head.

"Don't you know, Plum?" Jisung started, very hushed, "Anything we do together always turns out to be enjoyable."

And if on cue, the lights dimmed and the curtains opened, revealing the beautiful sets of The Nutcracker.

|

As the curtains fell and the crowd erupted in applause, Jisung and Plum quickly stood up and made their ways to the exit. They wanted to leave rather quickly in order to beat traffic. As they exited the theatre and made their way outside inside to the cold. Jisung began to clap his hands together and Plum laughed at his response.

"That was amazing!" Jisung smiled as he mimicked the moves of the ballerinas.

He would run in his tiptoes and move his arms dramatically. Then he'd give a hearty leap and laugh at himself. Plum laughed, too. She had never seen that side of him. The pure enjoyment and innocence that is exuded when something touches you a certain way.

Jisung turned the elf and nudged her shoulder, "Thank you for taking me tonight, it was really cool."

Plum smiled and clapped her hands, "Of course, Jisung! I'm happy you liked it!"

The pair walked down the dimly lit streets that surrounded the theatre and thought of things to do, "I want to do something we having done yet. We always go to the cafe or to the tree lot. I want to try something different."

Plum thought about Jisung request and thought of just the thing, "Let's go do some Christmas shopping!"

"Where?"

"There are some stores a few blocks down! And we could get hot chocolate along the way." Plum suggested, the second part a bit hesitant.

"You and your hot chocolate." Jisung said with an eye roll.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeee!" Plum persuaded him with her big eyes.

"Fine, but we'll only pick up the drinks, we won't stay." Jisung said as Plum nodded in agreement.

The two went in their way to a coffee shop to get the hot chikate and then continued on to a few stores. Plum pretended to look for her family members while Jisung looked through different things for his sister.

"What did you like when you were 9?" Jisung asked the elf as she trailed along him with her hot chocolate.

"Uhm well I was a really weird kid and I liked to knit a lot."

"Yeah uhm Jieun wouldn't do that." Jisung laughed as the two continued to look through the store.

After going through a few more aisles, Jisung decided on a slime kit and a cute teddy bear he had seen. Plum smiled, seeing how considerate he is of his younger.

"Are you and your sister close?" Plum asked, already knowing the answer.

"I'd do anything for her."

And with that, the naughty boy and the elf made their way back to their homes. They walked for about a half an hour and kept eachother company. All the meanwhile looking at the mesmerizing Christmas displays in store windows. They neared the corner of the street that Plum's apartment was one, she quickly rubbed her hands together and gave a small huff.

"Thank you for a fun night, Jisung."

"And thank you for inviting me, Plum."

Jisung gave Plum a small hug and watched her go inside. He then made his way to his house.

————

Oh no!!!
Jisung's starting to catch feelingsssss 🥰🥰

-Mames