one

Upon arriving in South Korea, Plumlight was settled into an apartment she was given for the time being

Upon arriving in South Korea, Plumlight was settled into an apartment she was given for the time being. It was a tiny thing. Once the door has been opened, the entire apartment was right at your toes. The small kitchenette was to the left. In the corner of the petite room, there was a tv on top of a dresser, which laid perpendicular to a twin size bed and closet. Just near the closet was a tiny bathroom. The only other furniture was a nightstand and a small two-person table with chairs. Thankfully, the room was decorated with Christmas decorations which made Plumlight's heart glow. Plumlight walked over to the small table in the center of the apartment. There was a snow globe laying on top of a piece of paper. The paper was obviously in Santa's neat penmanship.

Dear Plumlight,

Upon your arrival you will be given this apartment, it is yours till Christmas Eve. As you will see, I've given you a snow globe in order to communicate with us, here in the North Pole.

I have fashioned a way to make the entire school believe you have always attended it. The school's name is written on a paper on the refrigerator.

Now, I will provide some information for you to know.

-you will have 4 classes with him
-he works after school at the Christmas tree lot from 4:30 to 8:30
-he's good at math but not good at physics
-you have a job at the bakery across the street

Tonight is "List Night", so make sure you have a good meal. We put food in the refrigerator, just warm it up. Lastly, remember why you're here.

-Father Christmas

Plumlight read the letter once more before completely understanding the context. She then got up and walked to the small kitchenette where she'd cook herself dinner. On the countertop, there was a phone that she was able to open. Upon looking at her music library, she was ecstatic to see it was all Christmas music. She quickly shuffled the playlist and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" began to play. She hopped and giggled as she opened up the refrigerator to see a small meal in different containers. She warmed everything up, as she waited, she turned on the tv to see Christmas movies begin to play. She became giddy with excitement.  After the food was warmed, she sat and ate while watching the tv. Shortly following, she continued her tradition of making cookies and hot chocolate every 'List Night'. Just as she had for the previous 84 years.

|

Plum woke up bright and early in the morning and quickly made herself tea before slipping out of the apartment and getting on the bus to go to school. As she got on the school bus, Jisung and his friends walked on, too. Her heart flipped and flopped as she saw him for the first time. He looked mad, but he seemed to always look mad.

Jisung sat in front of her and joked with his friends. She quietly observed him and schemed a way in which she could talk to him. Plumlight didn't want to be too straight forward and just begin a conversation with him, but she also needed to find a way in. Her job started at exactly 3:30 and his started at 4:30. They both worked four hour shifts which means she could run home after her shift and then walk to the Christmas tree lot. There, is where she'd talk to him.

————

I deadass always make the first chapter of my books so short because I don't know what to do with them. My bad🤧

-Mames