Chapter 5

Please leave a comment.

Hope you're all having a lovely day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's point of view.

I hum a random tune happily to myself, pulling open the large cupboard door and searching for bowls. With no luck I close it, my humming fading into silence as I move to a new area of shelves, still hunting.

"It smells amazing!" I hear a voice praise from behind me. I glance over my shoulder at her, instantly smirking as I spot her petite figure in the door way. She had changed her outfit, switching her gold sparkle shorts for black leggings and her singlet for an oversized grey hoodie, covering her porcelain like-skin. Her small hands disappeared inside the sleeves, hiding from the world.

"Well thank you." I reply.

Her luscious hair was now at least three shades darker and curly, the ringlets tumbling over her elegant shoulders. She gazed between the pot on the stove and me, her soft pink lips curled up in a simple yet contagious smile. I can't help but grin foolishly back at her.

"How long has it been since you've eaten?" I tease, watching the expression on her face. She pauses, frowning as she seriously thinks about the question.

"I had an apple yesterday." She nods to herself, satisfied with her response.

"That's it?" I gasp, comparing her recent meal to my hefty appetite.

"Yep." She answers bluntly, her milky brown eyes staring straight at me; I stare back, in no way flustered by the direct eye contact. There was something about her that intrigued me, something familiar about the warmth in her eyes.

"Wow." I whisper, breaking our eye contact and spinning to continue my search for bowls.

"What are you looking for?" She asks curiously, her light footsteps creeping over.

"Bowls." I chuckle, glancing over the various white ceramics. I sigh in defeat, turning to see if I have missed any cupboards. She stares up at me, her eyes wide and a small smirk sitting on her full lips.

"You don't have bowls, do you?" Her smile widening as she watches me.

"No.." I admit sheepishly, ducking my head down. She lets out a soft giggle reminiscent of wind chimes.

"Why don't we use cups then?" She suggests, smiling happily, as if there wasn't a care in her world.

"Cups it is." I nod, walking back to the first cupboard and pulling out two of my largest mugs, I carry them to the stove, where the pot of steaming pasta is sitting. I fill the mug to the brim, handing the cup to Addyson and pointing to where the cutlery is sitting.

"Thank you." She grins, gripping it tightly between he fingers and picking up a fork on the way to the table. I soon join her, following her previous actions and heading to the couch instead. "The couch?" She asks, standing and tip toeing over to me.

"It's comfier." I shrug, digging my fork into the spaghetti.

"Fair enough." She nods, falling backwards onto the couch next to me. She pulls her legs up onto the couch, shoving a fork full of spaghetti between her lips. I watch her carefully, mimicking her actions as I eat. I wait for a reaction and she nods in approval.

"Good?" I ask.

"What is this? It's delicious." She grins, swallowing another mouthful.

"Tomato, basil and fetta spaghetti, one of the only things I can cook." I answer truthfully, my lips turned up at the edges. The room falls silent as be both eat the contents of the mugs. "Tell me if I am getting to nosy, but where did you grow up? Who with?" I ask tentatively, pulling one foot up onto the couch.

"An orphanage." She answers, her eyes honest and sad.

"And you have no family at all that you know of? Wow."

"Well I have actually." She answers shyly, looking down at the empty cup between her hands. I wait for her to continue, scratching an itch on my arm. "I have a brother. I know that for sure. His one or two years older than me, he wasn't in the orphanage though.. " She sighs, running a hand through her hair. I almost feel too bad to continue, but my curiosity gets the best of me and another questions slips between my lips before I can stop it.

"Do you know his name? Ever met him?" She shakes her head, pursing her lips together.

"No and no. His last name is different to mine sadly. They named me at the orphanage. I was put in there as a baby with no birth record or anything. Just makes looking for him even harder." Her shoulders raise in a shrug, shaking her head slowly as she slumps down into the couch.

"Sorry.." I whisper, feeling like I've crossed a line.

"It's fine." She replies. "Maybe I will find him one day." She smiles weakly, a twinkle of hope still in her enchanting eyes; I sigh.

"Well how about a drink and some stupid games to take your mind of things?" I smile, standing up and taking her mug.

"Sounds good." She smiles, just a little at first, but it slowly grows until her cheeks lift, revealing her perfect teeth. Her dimple making an appearance as she hugs her knees to her chest.

"I'll be back then." I smirk, heading straight for the cupboard where the vodka is kept.