Tai Kamiya - Stolen Kiss

The silent treatment, the punishment used by girlfriends to punish their boyfriends for their wrongdoings.

On the contrary, [Name] considered the silent treatment as more of a ‘reward’ then a punishment. Think about it, the silent treatment meant no ‘nagging’ or talking about random girl stuff guys found uninteresting whatsoever. So instead of giving the former goggle wearer the silent treatment to punish him, [Name] decided she would do the exact opposite.

“Hey Tai, how far along are you in your video game? Tai what level are you on right now? Tai I think–“

“Does this story of yours have an end [Name]?” Tai continued to furiously button mash the buttons on his game controller, his eyes glued to the video game screen. 

“I’m just curious that’s all,” [Name] chirped, sitting down on the floor beside Tai. “I mean, I’m sure this game must be REALLY good… especially if it made you nearly an hour late for our date yesterday. The date YOU scheduled for us to go on.”

A few days prior to their date, [Name] had decided to surprise Tai with the video game he had been talking about wanting for weeks. The way the game began to monopolize his time when he wasn’t playing soccer; [Name] was beginning to regret choosing the game as a gift. 

‘Maybe I should’ve just given him a new soccer ball…’

“I know, I know,” Tai sighed under his breath at the mention of yesterday’s events. He made sure to press pause on his game before he turned to his girlfriend. “I’m sorry okay, how many times do I have to keep apologizing? If it really bothers you that much, I’ll stop–.”

“Oh no, no, don’t stop playing on my account Tai.” [Name] smiled innocently. “In fact, I could probably use the time you spend playing video games to go take care of stuff I haven’t had a chance to do yet. Like some shopping for example.”

Tai blinked and scratched the back of his head. “Um, shopping? But you told me you hate shopping for clothes.”

“Yeah, but I won’t be shopping for clothes. I’ll be going to go pick up some things I need. You know, like eggs, milk, and some rice… maybe some tampons?”

Tai nearly choked on his spit hearing the last item on the list. His face turned a full on shade of red. “T-Tampons, you mean those things that you–“

“Yeah, a girl can never have enough of those.” [Name] grinned cheekily at Tai’s flustered and gaping expression. “Oh, and that reminds me, since you’ll be here playing video games, that’ll give me some time to pick up some pads too.”

“P-Pads…?” Tai’s eye twitched violently. He wasn’t sure how much more he could take hearing about feminine products.

“Yup, I hate that I have to buy both, but what can you do right? The only good thing about it is there are different kinds to choose from. I prefer the ones with wings on them. But my friend Aika told me that sometimes the blood will–MMFH!”

[Name]’s words were cut off by a pair of soft lips firmly pressing up against her own in an abrupt lip lock. [Name]’s face turned a light shade of pink as Tai gently rested his index and forefinger underneath her chin before applying a bit of pressure against her lower lip. Before [Name] could fully return the kiss, Tai broke away from [Name]’s lips, his own blush still evident on his face.

“Okay… you win [Name].” Tai panted, gently placing both hands on her shoulders. “I promise I… won’t be late next time. Just… ease up on talking about that stuff okay?”

[Name] blinked twice before a sly smile reached her lips. It was then that [Name] realized, her ‘punishment’ for Tai had a flaw. One surefire way to keep your girlfriend from talking… was to steal a kiss in the middle of her rambling. Then again, who was she to complain about the way he countered it if she liked it?

“Apology accepted Tai.”