Part 6

Hiccups POV

i stod in front of my dad. my mind racing about estelle. how am i gonna get her out of here? will she still trust me after all of this? how am i going to forgive astrid? what is dad going to do with her? these and many other questions ran through my head. Dad looked at me sternly.

"Hiccup. Why do you keep wanting to protect that thing?" "Her names Estelle and she saved my life dad. Astrid got confused. She thought that Estelle was attacking me when she was actually hugging me and Astrid attacked her. She accidentally hit me when fighting Estelle. Please dad.."

My dad gave me a sour look. "I know when your lying son. Now tell me the truth." I sigh. How do I tell him the truth without telling him the whole truth? "Look dad... I found Estelle in the forest... I befriended her. She was nice and fun. She was protective of herself though.... she had lost her family and was raised by dragons.... Astrid freaked out when I introduced her.."

He scoffs. "Astrid had the right idea. You shouldn't trust a thing like that." I sigh. "Now go and train. And I better not see you go near that beast. Ok?" I nod. He smiles and pats my back. I head to the arena.

When I see Astrid she has a guilty look on her face. She should feel bad. I frown and glare at her. I walk over. " I hope being a hero is all that you wanted, thanks for betraying us." I walk off and get an ax. I'm so mad that I destroy the dummy. No one knows what got into me.

I sigh. I'm going to get Estelle out of this one, but how? Normally I'd ask Astrid for help but sense she's miss hero I don't think that's wise. I go and sit down in the arena, going through my note book, lingering on the page of Estelle. I turn to the next blank page and start working on a plan to get her out. To help her.

I also come up with a few revenge pranks for Astrid, I'm gonna get her for this. She broke my trust. I thought I could rely on her. I'm glad I never told her about toothless... toothless... he won't have Estelle there during the day, he'll miss her.. poor bud.... I sigh as I go through all my plans, all either stupid or have flaws. My dad would see through all of these.

Astrid comes over. Great. What does she want now? To run it in how my father thinks she's amazing for betraying an innocent person who's enjured. She coughs to get my attention. I don't look up from my book. I'm done with her. Not today Astrid. I'm not putting up with you, not forgiving you. At least not today. She coughs again.

"What?" I say, my voice dripping with anger. She sighs. "Look hiccup.... I-I know you are friends with her but she's dangerous and evil. We can't trust her when she could kill us at any minute. How do we know that when we were done healing her she wouldn't attack?"

"Isn't friends are  dangerous monsters who could kill me, I meen, i was friends with you." Sarcasm deep in my tone. She just sighs again. "Look hiccup... I regret what I did... I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to help berk, to protect it, to be recognized that I protect it.... I shouldn't have hurt her, or you."

I just huff and puff out my cheaks. "Astrid, you did only What you saw would help you. I want nothing to do with you. I'm done. I don't care about what you say, what you try to tell me to justify your actions. You could make it up to me by helping me get Estelle free and healed up and back into the air, out of berk and back to her nest. Than... how did you put it? "She's a danger to berk." Well when she's gone she can't hurt berk and you can't hurt her. But until she's free and back home, I have nothing to say to you."

I get up. "Hiccup wait!" She says. I just walk off. Screw training. I run off into the forest and to the lagoon. I find toothless curled up depressed. I go over ."hey bud... bummed about Estelle? Me too... but she'll be ok... we'll be ok. We're gonna get her out ok?" He just growls softly.

I pet him and lay there with him. Astrid May have been a bad friend but I've got toothless and he's all I need. I smile. Im going to i help Estelle. I have to.