Chapter 4

~Edd's POV~

   I felt Matt looking at me and I turned my head and I was met with his beautiful blue eyes. My heart skipped a beat as he asked me if I was okay. I quickly shook my head yes and turned away from him again, trying to hide the fact I was blushing. He put his hand on my shoulder and I quickly turned my head and looked up at him. ¨You're not acting like you are okay¨ he pointed out, casting me a sympathetic look.

   I assured him I was okay yet again, but I could tell he didn't believe it. He frowned at me ¨What is going on Edd?¨ he asked me the concern clear in his voice. I bit my lip ¨It's nothing Matt¨ I lied, looking down I couldn't look him in the eyes and lie to him. Matt sighed, a disappointed sigh ¨Okay¨ he said softly, standing up. ¨Where are you going?¨ I asked him, looking up at him.

      He mumbled something I didn't catch before walking out the door. I had no idea where he was going, I followed him out the door ¨Matt!¨ I shouted after him, cupping my hands over my mouth to make it louder. He just kept walking, so I turned around and went back inside the house. I plopped down on the couch and Ringo hopped up into my lap I pet the soft grey cat ¨Hey bud¨ I greeted with a sighed, running my finger down the bridge of the cat's nose. 

~Matt's POV~

  Edd was lying to me, it hurt me that he was lying to me like that. Me and Edd are very close and he tells me basically everything. There's something going on that he doesn't want me to know about and I am going to figure it out one way or another. I think the other two know what's going on, I can probably get them to tell me. I sighed my breath visible because of how cold it was outside. 

     I kicked a rock as I walked down the sidewalk, why did the others know and not me? Did Edd have something against me? Was he mad at me? I sighed overwhelmed by all the possibilities. I tripped over my own foot and stumbled into a middle-aged woman. ¨Watch where you are going!¨ The women snapped at me, glaring daggers at me. I laughed nervously and apologized to the women, she shoved past me and muttered curses. I buried my hands in the pockets of my green overcoat and continued walking, paying attention to each step I took this time.