4

Donovan P.O. V

My bed felt slightly warm against my cold skin. I looked over to Mira watching her chest rise and drop with every breath she took.

Her breath would speed, and she would let out small whimpers. It makes it impossible to sleep.

I slid the blanket off me and stood up. The moon let a small amount of light in my room. I looked at her file on the spread across the floor. Her whimpers got a bit louder. Its really pitiful and annoying, but really what can I do about it.

I picked up the pages slowly looking through them, it was just lists of things. I read through most of the boring things, making it to her list of panic items.

' Leash, blankets, her hair...'

I looked up from the paper, the list went on with more things that I'm sure she's never actually seen. The look in her eyes as we walked down the hallways told me more than enough that I needed to know about her.

She is absolutely clueless.

I looked at her again noticing her blanket had fallen off. I walk over and pick up the blanket half debating whether I should give it back to her.

She flinched in her sleep curling up. Her heart rate increased a lot. I noticed she was shaking bringing attention to the soft rattle from her leg.

She had wrapped her leash around her ankle, tight enough to turn it red. I let out a sigh, slightly afraid to wake her up.

I slowly unhooked the leash from her ankle and hung it up by the door next to my coat. She let out another small whimper. I'm not sure how much of this I can handle tonight.

My day had been so long, running from appointment to appointment. Talking to what felt like hundreds of people. I actually had looked at a few stores to get a human, but I suppose now I don't have to waste the money. I just have to get supplies.

Looking back at the file paper reading over the word blanket before covering her with it and watching as she flinched from the touch. She quickly shot up, her eyes wide as she trembled almost violently.

Her deep gasps scared me lightly, I didn't need as much air, so I didn't know if she was really getting enough. She took in more breaths as if someone was going to take them away, her hands searching her legs and ankles, probably for the leash.

I looked back at the list trying to find something to snap her out of this. If I'm being completely honest it was starting to scare me. I had never owed a human before but I knew they were fragile.

' Teddy bear, shower.

(Things that help her sleep)' 

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for.

Pills, being held. She will almost always wake up in panic. Have only tried 2 things to help. '

The note at the end almost pitiful. How could you own something for 16 years and not take care of it. I almost had to mock how stupid someone had to be.

Her wide eyes brought me out of my thoughts, they stared at me as if I was going to harm her as she continued to tremble.

“Stop, I'm not going to hurt you.” My words more irritated than I wanted them to come out. Today's stress defiantly reflecting in them.

“I-I sorry” her voice was hushed and filled with horror. She started mumbling to herself something I wasn't going to pay much attention to. My stomach growled a little and I realized I never ate dinner. Which, means she never ate dinner.