The Encounter

With my head filled with thoughts of Sir Guy this morning I took a walk in the crisp winter air in hopes that my head would become clear. Alas, this was not meant to be,for instead of clearing my head the walk filled my head with more thoughts of Guy. My thoughts were so strong that I could have walked into a tree and not have felt it.

  As I was walking I came upon a break in the path and saw a vision in front of me that could have only come from Heaven - Guy.  He was in an old cloak that he spun off of himself and stood there with open arms when he saw me. Oh how my heart leapt in love and joy at the sight of him with my body following suite and I leapt into Guy's arms. Laughing and crying at the same time while covered his face with kisses. I kissed the top of his head, his bluest of eyes, his wonderful aristocratic nose, his cheeks and his lips. *Sighs*  I then nuzzled his ears and neck and told him of my undying love for him. My love, my passion, my forgiveness and my happiness for Sir Guy all came together at this moment. So much so that this is when I looked into his bluest eye and told of my deepest secret wish: That I wanted to be filled with his child. Then I lifted his hands to my lips and kissed them. I then held on to Guy as if our lives depended on it.

  That is when I became aware that Guy had not said a word nor had he put his arms around me, which I was dearly craving, the entire time I was professing my love to him. I lowered my arms and put on a brave smile and inquired if he was not as glad to see me as i was him. That is when I had the idea that, even though we were in Sherwood Forest, it still may be too public of a place to show emotions, such as mine, and that it may not be safe. When upon realizing this I expressed my apology and told him I did not think we were in a public place.

  As I stood there in front of Guy with an apologetic look on my face, Guy stood in silence and did not move a muscle for what seemed forever. When Guy finally did speak his voice was low and it rumbled like a threatening thunderstorm. He said he had seen me in Nottingham earlier in the month and asked why I had ignored him. Why had I walked around in a proud manner when he himself was in agony over what had transpired at Children's Mass? I answered my beloved time and again that I had looked for him at the village market but I never did see his face. I also told him that if I am guilty of pride then it my pride in not being just any Gisborne but his wife.

  Then..then he called me a liar and that I was no better than Marian! MOI?!! A LIAR?!! And to compare me to THAT woman! When all I have done is mourn him. Hated him. Forgiven him. Loved him. The BASTARD!!  Oh how I wish I had my anger then but I was too hurt and stunned to say anything.Guy took my stunned silence as a sign of my supposed guilt of ignoring him in Nottingham.

  I have not stopped crying since I have returned to the Gisborne Manor with loyal Brigid by my side trying to comfort me but to no avail. Mon Dieu! Mon Dieu! Even now I pray that my heart will cease it's beating so I can be out of this current pain brought to me by Guy, Mais hélas, I must live with this pain for comapny and warmth for that is all I have of Sieur Guy de Gisborne.