Apples

Today, while Brigid and I were cleaning our house and few belongings, there was a knock on the door.

Since I was in the bed chamber doing the linens Brigid answered the door. I kept listening but I heard no voices so I stepped into the main room to see who we had for company. There was no one else but Brigid standing in the room with a basket of apples.

Naturally I asked her who the apples were from and she told me she did not know for when she answered the door there was only the basket of apples at her feet. That there was not a person, except for who is normally there, in sight. My curiosity was raised I went to a window to look out on the street to see if I saw who could have brought us the apples. *Sighs* I did. I was not very happy about who brought the apples. Archer. I should have known that Archer would have brought the apples, if only to flirt. But honestly he has not been in my thoughts for days.

Taking the basket of apples, I threw open my door and stepped out and walked straight up to him and shoved the basket in his chest. I told him thank you but if I wanted apples I would buy my own apples if I was of such a mind. He bowed, rather mockingly to me, and said since I had forgotten my apples at our last meeting the least he could do would be to bring me some of the fruit. I briefly stood there as if struck dumb before dropping the basket of apples onto his feet. With that I turned around in a huff and, with as much dignity as I could muster, went straight back to my house...slamming the door as I went in.

Oh the nerve of that man! Where is Sir Guy when I need him?