The Tale Of The God Of Thunder

Laura smiled as Jaune and Ren both came into view. They had returned to the peak of the mountain, both at the same time. 

"Do you two really want to try this again? I'll just cast my spell once more an you two will be my playthings." Laura asked, mockingly. 

"Things won't be turn out the same this time." Jaune declared. Ren looked at him before nodding. 

"He's right. We won't fall for the same trick twice." Ren said before Laura laughed loudly. 

"Are you sure? And what's to stop me from doing it again?" She asked. 

"Because this time we do things our way." Jaune said as he quickly stabbed his sword into the ground, a bright golden light emanating from not only the blade but the ground where Jaune had stabbed. 

"What are-" Laura said before being interrupted by the bright, golden light suddenly firing from Jaune's position and into the air. A pillar of light had spawned, shooting high in to the air from the hilt of Jaune's blade. Without warning, the another pillar spawned in front of it, then another. This continued until the pillars collided with Nora's holding tank, an explosion occurring. The shockwave created knocked not only Laura but also Jaune and Ren off their feet. 

Laura quickly shot back up, pushing herself on her two hands. Her eyes widened. Jaune's attack had crashed into Nora's cage, not only breaking it but also freeing Nora. 

"You cretins!" She shouted in frustration before quickly teleporting away from Ren's slash. He had recovered far quicker than the other two and had rushed Laura. 

Jaune ran towards Nora,s unconscious body, falling to his knees and holding her body. 

"Nora?" Jaune asked, almost desperately. Her eyes fluttered, slowly registering his outline. 

"Jaune?" She asked quietly, sitting up from his hold. 

"What's going on?" She asked. Jaune quickly turned his eyes towards Ren, who was suddenly slammed into a tree. Laura appeared in front of him, holding yet another dagger in her left hand. She was going to kill him, to end one nuisance and then torture the other, when Jaune quickly slashed at her from behind. She was so engulfed by her rage that she hadn't noticed his presence behind her. His blade cut deep into her left thigh, causing her to scream in pain. She quickly sent the dagger in her hand into Jaune's left arm, however his body had shifted since landing the blow. The dagger only cut his shoulder slightly. 

Laura quickly teleported away from the two. 

"Ren!" Jaune shouted, quickly helping the injured male to his feet. In the short time Jaune had taken to make sure Nora was alive, Ren had sustained multiple slashes all across his body. 

"I am fine. Nora is she-" Ren asked before noticing that the sky above them had darkened. He smiled at this, as did Jaune. 

"You imbeciles! I was so close to immortality! I am the witch of Ares Mountain, the most powerful being on this planet!" Laura shouted in anger before a thunderbolt suddenly crashed from the sky and landed behind her. She quickly snapped her head around, surprised by the sudden turn of events. 

Jaune's smiled widened. 

"Yeah. She's fine." Jaune said as Laura's eyes suddenly found what the thunderbolt had crashed into. Nora's aqua eyes glowed as the thunderbolt continued striking her. 

"Impossible." Laura breathed as the thunderbolt suddenly stopped. Nora walked closer to her grandmother, a scowl on her face. Laura was frozen, unmoving. Jaune's voice suddenly caught her off guard. 

"Who cares if you're a witch when we have a god." 

---

Glynda turned her head in the direction of Ares mountain before smiling slightly. Very slightly. 

It was about time the power manifested itself. She had seen who Nora was the second she laid eyes on her. She knew the untapped well of power hidden within Nora's bright eyes. In fact, it terrified her to some degree. Power on par with her own. Held by a teenager. 

She shook her head. Those were her students. Though they were not officially her students anymore, she still thought of them as that. 

And if she taught them anything at all, Nora would be fine. 

Hopefully.

---

Nora quickly landed a punch to Laura's stomach, sending her flying  through multiple trees. Jaune was suddenly bathed in a bright, golden light. 

"Sentinel Aura, Golde Slash." Jaune said as he spun his body. He quickly arced his sword in front of him, sending a wave of powerful golden energy that collided with Laura's body. The energy exploded on contact, her screams of pain echoing through the mountain air. Nora quickly followed up with yet another thunderbolt, however this time the thunder crashed directly into Laura, earning another louder scream. Several daggers were blindly fired from Laura's arms, however each dagger failed to hit it's intended mark. The three strikes they had landed proved to be far too much for her older, frail body to deal with. 

Her vision was blurring, her mind numbing. She wouldn't be able to stand soon. 

"Goodbye, Gran Gran." Nora said as Jaune leaped forward, his sword bathed in golden light once more. Jaune stopped just in front of Laura, swinging his sword and cutting the witch's head off. 

---

"Are you sure you don't want us to come with?" Ren asked. They had returned to the bullhead after scorching the rest of Laura's remains. Jaune nodded in response. 

"There's still something I need to do. I'll be back tomorrow morning." Jaune said as he turned his head towards the top of the mountain. He still needed to converse with his mother on the other side of Ares Mountain. 

And hopefully he'd see Pyrrha once more.