Chapter 1

"Girls! The Vantas' will be here shortly! Hurry up!" The Disciple, my mother, yelled to my little sister, Nepeta, and me. "One moment!" We yelled back. Nepeta adjusted her blue cat hat while humming and peering at herself in the mirror. Nepeta is very petite with short black hair that peeks out of her hat and touches her shoulders. She wears her usual olive colored oversized trench coat that only makes her appear smaller. Her cat tail moved around impatiently.

"Excited to see Karkat, Nepeta?" I inquired as I pulled on my olive knee high socks and black flats. Nepeta nodded furiously. "Yes! I want to see Karkitty!" I giggled and stood up, patting my skirt down and looking at myself in the mirror.

"Girls!" Mom yelled again. Nepeta and I exchanged glances then quickly rushed to her. "Karkitty!" Nepeta exclaimed as she ran to the youngest Vantas and pounced on him. "Holy fuc-!" He shouted as he fell to ground. I laughed softly. The Signless nodded to my mother and soon we were walking in the direction of where the lecture would be taking place.

Nepeta giggled while talking with Karkat and Kankri was having a discussion about the upcoming lecture with his father and my mom. So I observed the other troll families walking around Alternia and played my little game where I ship random trolls.

He's flushing for her!

Those two are in a Kismeisis but they're relationship is fluctuating into a matespritship!

Those two totally need to be together! Oh my gog!!!

Before I knew it, I got separated from my group. I snapped out of it and looked around for them. Suddenly a hand waved in front of my face. "Eh?!" I squeaked and looked up to see a male troll my age. He had purple shorts and a skeleton suit everywhere else. He looked at me. "You zoned out. Don't just stand in the road like that." The guy told me in a voice I had recognized before. He was the son of the Grand High Blood. Everything my mother had told me about the Capricorns flashed before my eyes. Beware of them, she told me.

But there was an immediate attraction for me. I blinked and stared at him, mouth agape. He looked at me. "Um... Forget about it, okay? It's fine this time." He said, stunned. I nodded. "Alright..." I managed to say. My face flushed an olive green. I struggled not to let my inner cat out and purr. He nodded back, "I should get going. Don't stand in the road from now on." I smiled slightly as I turned to leave. I walked a few steps before turning back.

"I'll see you around maybe?" I asked, smiling to myself. A bit of purple highlighted his face through his face paint. "Yeah. Kurloz Makara by the way." He responded. I smiled widely and mewed. "Meulin Leijon."

I turned and bounded towards where the sermon would take place. I was flushed. Red romance feelings for a Capricorn? Mom would kill me. The worst part of that was: I didn't care.