I'm Starting to Sound Like Thalia

Chapter Nine: I'm Starting to Sound Like Thalia
Annabeth's P.O.V.

I WAS LOVING HOGWARTS SO FAR. The architecture is amazing! I mean everything from the library(which is my favorite place in the whole school!) to moving staircases. The classes are really weird though, Divination, D.A.D.A, herbology, ancient runes, charms, etc.

The first four days of school passed in a blur. I was starting to get hang of my schedule: Potions, Ancient Runes, Divination, Transfiguration, and D.A.D.A. Unfortunately, Percy and I only have two classes together: Divination and D.A.D.A.

The first class I have is Transfiguration, next was potions, then Defense Against the Dark Arts. And I must say, that class was like torture. The first four days were spent reading, or listening to a lecture from Umbridge.

"Good morning class!" Professor Umbridge said.

"Good morning Professor Umbridge," Every student said in Unison.

The lesson started and I could tell that my ADHD was starting to kick in, I barely noticed anything the pink professor was saying. But in the middle of the lesson Percy raised his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Jackson?" Umbridge said once she noticed Percy's hand up.

"I know this is a little off topic, but when are we going to learn defensive magic?"

The professor just laughed.

"You must be kidding, Mr. Jackson. Though I do not wish to criticize the way things have been run in this school," she said, an unconvincing smile stretching her mouth. "But you have been exposed to some very irresponsible wizards in this class, very irresponsible indeed - not to mention," she gave a nasty little chuckle, "extremely dangerous half-breeds."

"If you mean Professor Lupin," said a boy named Lee Jordan, "He was the best we ever-"

"What do mean specifically by half-breeds?" I ask her.

"Anything that is only half human. Anything that is not human is a dark evil creature. Half-breeds cannot be trusted." She said with a glare. I look over at Percy, and he looked mad. I was angry too.

"So all half-breeds are evil?" I say.

"Yes." Umbridge says with a harsh tone in her voice. She sounded annoyed. But I don't care, she's going to pay! Oh gods, I'm starting to sound like Thalia.

"So back to the lesson." The snotty professor says quickly. Obviously trying to drop the subject. I don't care, I'll get revenge on her later. And then she went on with her lesson.

My next class Ancient Runes, yawn. Then I met up with Percy again at Divination.
The Divination class was strange. All I can say is that the professor and Ella would probably get along perfectly. When Percy and I first had her she kept muttering something about seeing through the veil. I think it meant seeing through the mist, but when I talked to Piper she said that Trelawney had spoken the prophecy.

"Hello class, today we will be working on fortune telling. Please turn to page nine of your books."

That lesson was also boring to me, until Trelawney almost revealed us.

* * *

"Find a partner and start the fortune reading process as explained in your book." Trelawney said dreamily. Then she walked over towards Percy and I.

"Seven Halfbloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the doors of death."