Let's Just Go Ahead and Spill Everything

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Let's Just Go Ahead and Spill Everything
Percy's P.O.V.

BEING FORCED TO WATCH my own memories is a scenario I had never imagined. Most of it had happened so long ago I didn't think about it often. Except for the revisit of Tartarus. That was slightly more recent and a little more memorable. I was left on the floor of the Entrance Hall, and after coming face to face with Harry I knew that he had seen everything I had.

All I was doing was trying to make sure Annabeth didn't actually hit him with a spell, but I suppose that backfired. I could feel Annabeth's intense gaze, but I didn't think much of it. If I had messed up that spell, what had she intended it to do? I didn't even realize I had blurted out the question until Annabeth put her hand on my shoulder.

"Rursus Memoriae. It's a spell in which you can show others parts of your own memory. I intended it to show Harry our purpose in being here, in a very broad fashion, mind you. Nothing to endanger the quest. But then you, Seaweed Brain, had to get in the way and mess up everything." She paused before muttering, "Typical of you."

"I don't always mess everything up!"

"You're right, it's only you half the time. The other half is when Leo gets involved."

"But, then...?" We both turned to see Harry. I had forgotten about him being with us. This was going to be some difficult explaining. "Are you saying that was your memories?"

"You saw everything I did, so I suppose so," I told him. Annabeth shoved my shoulder.

"What do you mean, purpose of being here?" Harry asks.

"Look do you trust us?" Annabeth questions him.

"Er- no."

"Good. Because of him you don't have a reason to. It's hard to believe he's the reason civilization isn't in ruins."

Though I wanted to protest, Annabeth had valid points. Seeing as the situation we were currently in, it wouldn't do anyone any good to argue with her.

"Who are you and what are you doing here? I knew there was a reason I couldn't remember any of you from the start, despite what Hermione said."

"Harry, our purpose here is a good one. We're here just because a stupid prophecy," at the mention of the word 'prophecy', Harry visibly gritted his teeth, "and you have to believe us," Annabeth said.

"Just like we told you, I'm Percy Jackson and she's Annabeth Chase. We're halfbloods... but the kind you're thinking of. This is our first year at Hogwarts and you're the first person to figure it out. Not like that's much of a challenge anyways."

"What do you mean, halfbloods but not the kind I'm thinking of?" Harry questioned. "You could still be lying for all I know."

"Harry, think about what you saw in Percy's memories. Do we really look like we want to do anything to do endanger you?"

Harry looked at both Annabeth and me before nodding. "You two, along with Piper, Leo, and Nico never doubted me when I said Voldemort returned. And last night at the Ministry...."

"Annabeth! Percy!" Piper came into the Entrance Hall. "You do realize you've been gone five minutes? You have to see this package Hecate sent."

"Not now Piper, we-"

"Annabeth," Piper said, "she says that you'll understand how we'll use it. It's urgent."