Lou's Mom Goes Blessing People When She Feels Like It

Chapter One: Lou's Mom Goes Blessing People When She Feels Like It
Percy's P.O.V.

I  KNEW MY LIFE WASN'T the easiest. A demigod's life is hard, as I've mentioned many times before. However, this might be going a little too far. We had finally defeated Gaea thanks to Leo's sacrifice. None of us have seen him since, except the iris messages he's sent us after he broke Calypso off her island.

But of course I had to make everything go wrong by hoping the fates would take pity on me and let things calm down a little; I was completely wrong. I could hear the buzzer ring, 'Incorrect answer'.

Three nights ago it had happened at the camp fire, the next prophecy. We got an iris message from Rachel, since she was still at Camp Jupiter.  And apparently, prior to the message she had predicted another prophecy. The camp was went so quiet, you could literally hear a pin drop.

"Five halfbloods and the blessed,
Shall determine the hero's quest.
A foretold destruction, or your own,
The five must choose one to succumb."

Now three days later, Chiron eventually calls a meeting. I've no clue what the hold up was, and I was starting to wish we wouldn't discuss it at all. I have this hope that the prophecy won't be for another one hundred years or so, because I don't  like the sound of it. And I also have a bad feeling that somehow I am  involved in it.

When I get to the rec room, I sit next to Annabeth like usual. Oh gods, Annabeth. We had plans to go to New Rome after finishing our senior year! Annabeth and I knew we couldn't miss another year of education, and if I'm right about the prophecy, that could ruin our plans. Gods, I better be wrong.

I  look around the crowded room and see the usual scene: The Stoll brothers playing pranks, laughing so loud, that Clovis would wake up to look at them. Will Solace was chatting with Lou Ellen, who was currently nodding her head and smiling. Piper was laughing with Annabeth so hard that her eyes went crossed eyes... no doubt talking about something stupid I did.

Near the end of the table was Nico, sitting almost completely still, looking bored. Occasionally he would glance over at Will, and Will would look away at Lou for a moment to meet his gaze. People have spread so many rumors about him ever since he told me his secret. Surprisingly, Jason(who was currently fulfilling his promise to Kym at Camp Jupiter) was the only one who wasn't surprised.

Sitting next to Chiron, was Mr. D.(Who had came back to camp two days earlier)who was reading a magazine drinking Diet Coke, again. Today, he wore a shirt so loud that it made my eyes go out of focus. I noticed Katie Gardner looking at it, a mesmerizing expression glued to her face. It was only when Chiron spoke, everyone fell into silence.

"We are here to discuss the The Next Great Prophecy." Everyone's heads turned towards him at the head of the table.

"What about it?" Mr. D. mumbled. He didn't look up at all at the centaur, instead his attention was focused on his magazine.

Chiron didn't acknowledge his comment and continued, "This may come as a shock to you, but-"

"Wait," Connor Stoll said. "Please don't tell me there are any more deities of  demigods, because this whole Roman fiasco is confusing enough."

"As  I was saying," Chiron said, eyeing Connor heavily. "This may come as a shock to you but, spread all across Europe, there are mortals who have been blessed by Hecate with magical powers of their own."

"What?" Annabeth said, looking baffled. It was a rare sight seeing my girlfriend confused. But I didn't blame her, I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea either it was so ridiculous.