28.

It was a few more hours before anybody was able to go see the babies. Rebecca was fully awake now and was going through the motions.

"Why can't I see them?" She asked
"You just had surgery and they won't even let me see them" Colby said "when I can go see them I'll send you pictures, okay?"
"No! I just want to hold them" Rebecca said and tears began to fall down her face.

Colby moved from the chair he was sitting in to the bed and pulled Rebecca gently into his chest.
"I know you do baby, I wish I would just go bring them down to you but I can't" he said.

He held her until a nurse came in with two small bassinets with the smallest babies in them.

"I heard someone wanted to see their babies" she said "they're breathing much better and have passed all the tests we've ran so they can stay down here with you if you'd like"
"Thank you" Colby said
"Your very welcome, I'll let you all have your time" The nurse said before leaving the room.

Colby moved from the bed to the bassinets and just looked down at the two.
"He looks just like you" He said gently stroking the baby boys face.

Rebecca sat up more in bed as Colby handed their son to her and he took their daughter in his arms.
"Lincoln" she said and looked up at Colby questionably.
"Huh?" He said confused.
"His names Lincoln" she said and Colby smiled
"What about Lacie?" He asked and Rebecca smiled.
"Lincoln and Lacie" she said.

That's how they spent the next few hours, just admiring the miracles in their arms. It wasn't long before Adalynn was practically begging to meet her brother and sister, so Colby left to retrieve her and his mother from the waiting room.

"Can you handle both of them for a minute?" Colby asked and Rebecca nodded
"I'll be fine" she said.

Colby left and Rebecca was left alone with the twins for a bit.

"You guys nearly killed me" she laughed "but I wouldn't change a thing for the world. You guys and your sister mean the absolute world to me. I never imagined my life like this. I always thought I'd be working forever, I never thought I'd had a daughter, especially with your daddy, but from the minute she was placed on my chest I fell in love. Now it's taken a bit longer to officially meet you all, but let me tell you something, you all have my heart. Me, your daddy, and big sister will always love you. Welcome to this crazy world my little loves"

 Welcome to this crazy world my little loves"