14.

Rebecca was started on medicine to speed up the labor process. Colby called his mom and she brought Adalynn to the hospital where they waited in the waiting room.

2 short hours later, some minor contractions and two small pushes, Rebecca had the smallest baby girl in her arms she had ever seen. Barley even one pound, and six inches long, baby Lopez had made her way into the world.

Colby made sure they had their time with the baby before Adalynn was brought to the room. Rebecca made one special promise when Colby left the room to get Adalynn.
"I want to make one promise to you before it's too late. You will never be forgotten babygirl, ever. You were already so special to me and your daddy, even your big sister who probably has no idea what's going on right now. You'll always be my source of strength, my light in the dark, my sunshine... forever. I never imagined I'd have to do this, but there's a first time for everything. I love you so much, to the moon in back" she said with tears rolling down her face. "You have to promise me one thing though, I want you to watch over your sister from heaven. I want you to always be with her, no matter what. Protect her and keep her safe, be her guardian angel"

Colby walked in with Adalynn a few short moments later. She was hesitant at first but walked over to the bed and hopped up on the bed beside Rebecca.
"She's tiny" she said "really tiny"
"Do you want to hold her?" Rebecca asked and Adalynn nodded.

Colby and Rebecca watched as Adalynn just talked her baby sisters ear off. Even though she was only five, she knew what was going on and understand this was the only time she would get to see her sister.
"What's her name?" She asked innocently and Colby looked to Rebecca for an answer.
"Emmy.. Emmy Grace" she said and Colby let a small smile creep across his face.

The doctors only gave them 30 minutes, and hour tops, but almost an hour and a half later, baby Emmy was still fighting. Rebecca didn't want Adalynn to watch her sister take her last breath, so she said her goodbyes and Holly took her back to the house.
"I love you Emmy, I'll miss you" she whispered and gently kissed her head before leaving with Holly.

Hearing what Adalynn said made Rebecca's heart break even more than it already had. She knew this was going to be tough, she just didn't anticipate how tough.

Colby sat right next to Rebecca as they just stared at their baby. They watched her take one last final breath, then it was all over.

Their world came crashing down all in a matter of seconds...