Chapter fourteen

Third P.O.V.

A few days after they left Sindria they could already see Kou showing in the distance. It was night so most of the people didn't know it but Mazikeen was up and leaned on the railing with her elbows and rested her head on her hands while looking at Kou. "Are you all right?" Squeaking, she jumped and quickly turned around. Eyes wide and breathing fast, she laid a hand on her chest, trying to calm down after she saw who scared her. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I thought you heard me coming." Sinbad quickly apologized and took a step forward. "Why am I the one who always scares her?" He thought. She relaxed and put her hand down. "Well, to answer you question, yes, I'm all right." She chuckled. "Why are you up?" He asked her. She turned and stood in her previous position again. "I knew we would see Kou some time around the night so I stayed up. Look." She motioned with her head in the distance where you could see Kou getting closer. He walked up next to her and rested his hands on the railing. "Kou and Sindria are not exactly friends, you know." He said, looking at the country in the distance. "I know but I think I can change that. I can talk with Kouen but he's only prince and he won't let me talk to Gyokuen." He frowned and looked down at her. He had heard about her but didn't know much about her. "Why not?" She also frowned. "Kouen said it's best if I avoid her. He said she's dangerous and in contact with Al-Thamen. Also, that I took her interest because I'm your daughter and because of my abilities. He does everything he can to keep me away from her. I did as I was told. If he would do so much just so I wouldn't meet her, I figured it would be best to stay away from her." He was surprised that Kouen would do that for her but he was thankful. Even if he didn't know much about Gyokuen, he knew that she wasn't a good person at all. He didn't want to but he would have to thank Kouen for it once they arrived. It also gave him an idea who one of her friends from Kou were. His thoughts were interrupted when he saw her yawn. "Tired?" He asked teasingly. She just pouted at him. He turned to her, he found this situation quite amusingly. "Come on. We'll most likely arrive tomorrow. You should rest." She frowned. "But I don't want to. I wanna watch." She whined. He put his hands on his hips firmly but couldn't help but smile at her stubbornness. She sighed in defeat and turned to walk away. Before she could pass him he grabbed her wrist gently, again. He smiled brightly when she didn't panic. He pulled her to him slightly and kissed her forehead. "Good night, my jewel." He said as he let go of her. "Night, Dad." She smiled and walked inside. He also walked into his chamber and laid down on his bed with a bright smile, knowing that his daughter wasn't scared of him anymore. 

The next day they arrived at Kou and while they were docking, the three girls watched with different expressions. Ruby was bouncing up and down and didn't stop talking. Mazikeen smiled brightly with sparkling eyes, while Jade just stood there smirking with her arms crossed. They could see Kouen standing there, ready to greet them but without knowing who the princess of Sindria is. The moment he saw Mazikeen his naturally narrowed eyes widen. She walked up to him and hugged him by his waist with Ruby following. "I'm guessing you are the princess of Sindria?" He asked with a smile. "Well, it was a surprise for me, too." She chuckled. "I should have known by your looks. Come on. I'm sure my brothers will be happy to see you. Sadly, Hakuei isn't here." Sinbad walked up behind her and laid his hands on her shoulders. By the look in his eyes Kouen knew he had something to say, so he ordered his people to get everything ready and off the ship. After it was only the people who he trusted left in earshot Sinbad spoke. "Thank you, for keeping her safe and away from Gyokuen." Mazikeen smiled and put her hands above his on her shoulder. Kouen looked at her for a split second and gave a nod to Sinbad. "My pleasure." He simply said. With that, they walked to the palace. When they arrived in front of the palace, they were met with the two brothers of the first prince and the black magi. "KOUHA!!!" Ruby shouted and jumped at him. He almost toppled over but laughed. "Juju!" Jade smiled and walked up to him. "Uncle Mei!" Mazikeen shouted and rushed to him to hug his waist. Sinbad's eyes almost popped out when he heard his daughter call him 'Uncle'. Ja'far snickered at his king even though he too, was shocked. Koumei chuckled and hugged her back. "I missed you, too." He said and she chuckled. Sinbad didn't like that. He glared lightly at the prince. After she let go of him Sinbad walked up to them and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you settle in first and then we can talk while having dinner?" Kouen suggested.