twenty two

monday soon arrived — it was one week until the prom night. beomgyu, for the sake of just having a partner, still contemplated asking jiyeong to be his partner, but platonically. other than that, he thought deeply about the small discussion he and taehyun had that weekend. beomgyu and taehyun walked beside one another, both of their minds busy with thoughts.

taehyun thought carefully about eric. although handsome, really sweet and quite caring (literally perfect, actually), he still had the nerve to use taehyun for a dare. and kang taehyun does not allow himself to be used. he was actually quite upset about the whole ordeal, and wanted to end things as soon as he could with eric, for the sake of his happiness.

but he was taehyun. of course he had something more sinister up his sleeve.

taehyun and beomgyu both arrived at their usual bench, eventually speaking up about what was happening in their minds.

"so, i have two things to say," beomgyu said, shrugging off his backpack.

"i have one, so we'll take turns," taehyun said, following suit and taking his backpack off. "so speak."

beomgyu inhaled a sharp, nervous breath. "so… i kind of contemplated asking jiyeong to be my partner anyways, just for the sake of having a prom partner. i'll tell her it's all platonic anyways, and i still kind of admire her, so i'm sure she won't say no without a reason."

taehyun nodded slowly. "fair enough. i want you to enjoy your prom, so… go ahead. it doesn't bother me much, i guess. just… don't fall in love with her at the end of the day."

beomgyu chuckled. "never. always your number one, never forget that."

"okay, so my turn," taehyun said, clasping his hands together. "i need to break up with eric, but… i kind of want proof. what was this dare, exactly?"

"heejun told him to date you until the friday before prom," beomgyu replied. "so this friday, he plans on breaking up with you."

taehyun hummed and looked to the right. "he's still kind of cute, so i'll linger for a bit."

beomgyu pouted sadly. "mate~"

taehyun laughed a bit. "i'm kidding. i want to break up with him this afternoon — but i want to do it… sexily, if that makes sense."

beomgyu raised an eyebrow. "explain."

taehyun smiled a bit, putting two fingers on beomgyu's hand and walking them towards his wrist. "you know… draw him in. speak sweetly, but softly. pull him into my trap. slowly. gently. then confront him."

beomgyu was quiet for a bit, biting his bottom lip softly as he watched taehyun trail his fingers up and down his forearm and hand. "do it again."

taehyun laughed and shook his head. "weirdo. but i want to make him comfortable before confronting him. it might concern him touching me, so i'm sorry, beom."

beomgyu frowned. "touching you? not on my watch! no, i won't let you."

"i am the one dating two guys at once — i have more power than you."

"shut up, eric is not going to touch you inappropriately."

taehyun rolled his eyes playfully. "what was the second thing you wanted to talk about?"

beomgyu's expression fell serious as  he sighed a bit. "your recent cry for help from your depression."