three

"you have a secret admirer?!"

"shut up," taehyun hissed, covering beomgyu's mouth quickly. "yeah, apparently it's a senior guy, but i can't be too sure. i'm actually worried, but the girls confirmed that it was a senior male because he had the senior jacket on."

beomgyu pouted falsely and crossed his arms. "mate, i want a secret admirer, what the heck? no one likes me. you're so pretty, all the bisexual and gay guys like you, but i can't even talk to one girl."

taehyun put a hand on his shoulder. "you'll get there."

beomgyu sighed. "thanks, dude."

"i'll go see the guy now. will you wait for me so we can walk together?" taehyun said, adjusting his backpack straps.

beomgyu nodded. "i'll wait for you at the bus stop."

taehyun smiled as he walked to the other side of the school. "wish me luck."

"get a boyfriend, you weirdo."

"talk to jiyeong, you pathetic weirdo."

beomgyu laughed at that and taehyun finally turned away with a soft smile on his lips. he sighed nervously before he turned the corner, and sure enough, a boy stood there with his back towards him.

"uhm... secret guy?"

the boy turned around and taehyun widened his eyes - the boy was far more handsome than he thought he would be. taehyun recognised him, but had no idea who he was. the boy's cheeks turned red and he seemed to stop breathing as he just watched taehyun walk towards him.

"so it is you," taehyun smiled. "are you the senior that confessed in that letter?"

the boy gulped nervously before looking away. taehyun smiled - he didn't know he was able to make someone feel that way. it gave him an ego boost to know that someone liked him. "i am," he said softly. "i was worried you wouldn't come. i thought you would think i was being c-creepy."

"creeps usually aren't this handsome," taehyun said in an attempt to make the boy relax. it worked, as he laughed breathily and turned away shyly. "what's your name?"

he bit his lips together. "eric," he replied, a smile on his lips. "well, korean name is youngjae, but there's, like, four other youngjaes in the grade, so i stick to eric."

taehyun smiled softly. "nice to meet you, eric hyung."

the boy seemed giddy for a moment before he smiled shyly. "uh... so... uhm... yeah. i kinda had a crush on you for a while now. you're... you're really pretty. almost like a girl, but not quite. i wanted to get to know you better, and hopefully... make you feel the same way."

taehyun giggled a bit. "i don't see why not. i mean, i'm single, you're single... but isn't prom coming up for you soon?"

"yeah, and... we can take whatever partner we want, as long as they're a student of the school," eric replied. "which brings me to my next question - uhm... taehyun... will you... be my, uh, partner for p-prom?"

taehyun widened his eyes and put a hand to his chest. "me? look, there are better people out there. i want to get to know you better, hyung, but... maybe not prom. i don't like crowds much, and i might even skip out on my own prom next year. i'd love to get closer with you, but i'll have to reject the offer to be your partner."

eric nodded in understanding. "that's fine. i mean... at least i didn't get rejected, right?"

taehyun smiled. "yeah, you didn't."

eric looked down at his feet shyly. "so... i'll see you tomorrow?"

"take me on a date."

eric widened his eyes as he blushed madly. "huh?"

"take me on a date," taehyun repeated. "you set the date, and i'll arrive. what's a better way to get to know one another than over an unofficial date? it'll be okay, hyung - i'll be on my nicest."

eric nodded. "o-okay. uhm... tomorrow afternoon?"

"it's a date," taehyun winked with a smile. "i'll dress pretty for you."

eric smiled and nodded bashfully. "y-yeah. i'll dress handsome for you."

taehyun smiled as he stepped backwards. "can't wait."