CHAPTER NINE: FINAL GIRL PART I

Xavier and I rush after the townie asshole who claimed Brooke is back within the camp.  He leads us to the infirmary, and I stop in my tracks not believing the sight before my eyes.  In the window, Brooke stands talking to someone hidden behind the wooden exterior.  Without thinking, my feet bolt in her direction, throwing the infirmary door open.  A small smile tugs on the corners of my mouth as the brunette stands before me with a similar expression.  She's changed since the last time I saw her.  Her brown locks are now curly, and she wears an outfit similar to something Sloane would.  

"Brooke."  I greet as I rush over to her to pull her into a tight embrace.  

"Hi, Mandy."  She replies as she wraps her arms around me.

"H-how are you here right now?"  I pull away from Brooke, but I keep my arms attached to hers.  "The newspaper said you were to be executed."

I hear footsteps behind me against the wooden floor.  I turn around awkwardly, feeling bad that I left Xavier outside without entering with him to see Brooke again.  But, another familiar face stands idly in the confines of the infirmary.  My hazel eyes narrow on the ebony woman that posed as nurse Rita all those years ago.

"What is she doing here?"  I growl.

Brooke takes my hand as a way to help calm me down.  It doesn't work.  Instead, she attempts to restrain me from lashing out at the imposter.

"This is Donna.  She's gonna help us."  Brooke grunts as she grabs my other arm to hold me back.

Xavier scoffs.  "She left the real Rita to die.  Mandy and I saw Jingles kill her with our own eyes."

"I'm not here to make excuses."  Rita, or I guess, Donna begins to explain.  "I know what I did was wrong.  That's why I saved Brooke from her death bed.  To give her another chance."

I turn to face Brooke who doesn't have a single look of worry on her.  I look back at Donna and see the sincereness in her deep brown eyes.  I sigh, hanging my head in defeat.

"So, what's the plan?"  I utter under my breath but audible enough for everyone to here me.

Xavier surprises me by nodding his head as if he is waiting to hear a plan himself.  Brooke and Donna share looks with each other, a silent war of who is going to be the one to tell us.  It's Brooke who opens her mouth first.

"We kill Margaret Booth."  Her voice is much more confident than the scared girl I used to know in '84.  "It all starts and ends with her."

__________

"Absolutely not."  Montana exclaims as she throws her hands into the air.  "She killed me, and she tried to gut me."  She points between Brooke and I with an accusing finger.  

Brooke and I share a look with a simple shrug as we both know Montana deserved what she got from us.  Trevor consoles his girlfriend by gently pressing the pads of his fingers against her skin.  Everyone else rolls their eyes or ignores the blonde's comment.

"So what?"  Sloane spats.  The brunette crosses her arms over her chest and sends the blonde a disapproving look.  "You'd rather have Margaret win than work together?"

Montana furiously nods her head.  "Uh-- yeah!"  She mirrors Sloane by crossing her arms over her chest.  "I have no reason to trust either of them."

"Fine."  Harrison breathes out as he walks from behind the picnic table.  "We won't involve you in the plan then."  He continues to walk until he is facing all of the counselors who are staring back at him with eager eyes.  "First and foremost, we need to deal with our Night Stalker issue."