3

“Annabelle, are you okay can you hear me? Janice is she going to be okay?” it was my mom she sounded really worried.

“She will be fine but we have to let her rest, she hit her head really hard. She lost sime of blood.” Janice said.

I heard the door open and close. A while later I heard it open again. I thought it was my mom coming to check on me but the smell was sweet. It smelled like the morning rain. I wanted to see who it was I opened my eyes. This wasn’t my room. The walls were a different color the bed was to big my collection of sea shells weren’t on the wall. The window was facing the wrong way and had a different view.  Brandon, the Alphas son was the one who came in here.

“Annabelle how do you feel” Brandon said.

“Fine” my voice was really hoarse.

“Here drink this Janice left it for you” Brandon was holding up a cup to my lips. It was an herbal tea that tasted like honey.

“My head hurts can you turn the light off please.”

He went to turn off the lights. I tried to get out of bed but Brandon didn’t let me. He also closed the curtains.

“Don’t, go to sleep.”

“But I need to tell my mom I’m okay she’s probably worried sick.”

“I’ll tell her, but first you have to rest. I will take care of everything don’t worry.”

When I woke up again the sun was shining through the windows and the birds were singing. I was listening to the river from outside when I heard my stomach grumble. I got out of bed to go to the kitchen to find something to eat. I was immediately stopped.

“Go back to bed Annabelle.” Brandon said sternly

“I’m hungry.”

“I will tell Janice your awake and then if she says it’s okay then I will bring you breakfast deal.” I don’t think he would have let me leave anyways.

“Fine”

Janice knocked on the door and I let her in. “come in”

“OH your awake. Let me examine you.”

“I’m hungry.”

“You haven’t eaten in two days you have to drink lots of fluids and  if you don’t throw them up then you can eat. Stay in bed and I’ll come up at one to check on you again.”

“I can’t eat until one?”

“Annabelle it’s not a long time.”

“Yes it is.”

“One hour is a very short time”

Janice left and Brandon came in holding a tray with grapes Pancakes and sausage.

“How are you feeling?”

“Like a truck ran over my head.”

My stomach growled loudly and my cheeks turned pink.

“Here”

Brandon handed me a cup filled with pink milk. I took a sip it was a strawberry milk shake.

“Can I have some of those?”

“Not until one.”

“But I’m so hungry you are going to stave me please just a little bit.”

“No.”

I looked down and bowed my head “Yes Alpha.”

Brandon lifted my chin so that I would have to look into his eyes